Stabiliser advice required please!!

Old July 2nd 11, 04:37 PM
Happydaiz Happydaiz is offline
Junior Member

Default Stabiliser advice required please!!

Hi, we have just bought a 13ft Elddis, it's pretty old, got glass windows but doesn't seem to have a model name anywhere. Anyway, I'm having a swan neck towbar fitted to my Chevy Lacetti next week and I've been looking into getting a stabiliser. I've read that blade stabilisers can only be used on swan necks if it doesn't taper. As I haven't seen the bar yet I don't know if it does!
The guy I bought the caravan from told me I can't use an Alko stabiliser because it's too old. Is that likely to be the case?
I've never towed before so I don't know how important a stabiliser is but it seems like a good idea to me!!
Any advice on the options I have would be brilliant, thanks!!!