Caution Club Care Insurance rockets!

Old December 4th 10, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans,uk.rec.caravanning
Colin[_4_]

Default Caution Club Care Insurance rockets!

Just had my renewal notice through from clubcare (MCE for car) and it
had gone up over 500 from last year (changed cars midterm for a
cheaper one) to nearly 1000. Sod that. Decided to shop around on
moneysaving expert http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/
and using their comparisons on money supermarket
http://www.moneysupermarket.com
I got a quote from echoice (Royal Sun Alliance) of 237

I ran ClubCare and they said they no longer use NIG who I was with
before and the best quote they can get now is 600, which is still
400 cheaper than the daft renewal quoted!

So just watch out when you get your renewals and always ALWAYS shop
around every year.
Old December 4th 10, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans,uk.rec.caravanning
A Plumber

"Colin" wrote in message
Just had my renewal notice through from clubcare (MCE for car) and it
had gone up over 500 from last year (changed cars midterm for a
cheaper one) to nearly 1000. Sod that. Decided to shop around on
moneysaving expert http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/
and using their comparisons on money supermarket
http://www.moneysupermarket.com
I got a quote from echoice (Royal Sun Alliance) of 237

I ran ClubCare and they said they no longer use NIG who I was with
before and the best quote they can get now is 600, which is still
400 cheaper than the daft renewal quoted!

So just watch out when you get your renewals and always ALWAYS shop
around every year.

I dropped the value of my van as its getting older 2003 avondale to 5000
and the cost
has gone down to 157 with Saga, the reduction in value made a huge
difference in the premium
to pay.

Old December 4th 10, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans,uk.rec.caravanning

"A Plumber" wrote in message

I dropped the value of my van as its getting older 2003 avondale to 5000
and the cost
has gone down to 157 with Saga, the reduction in value made a huge
difference in the premium
to pay.

Think you both should get quotes from the Caravan Club.
A month ago my 2003 Bailey for 6000 cover was 102. Inc. Legal
Protection. (200 voluntary excess)

Old December 5th 10, 12:08 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans,uk.rec.caravanning
A Plumber

"David" wrote in message

"A Plumber" wrote in message

I dropped the value of my van as its getting older 2003 avondale to 5000
and the cost
has gone down to 157 with Saga, the reduction in value made a huge
difference in the premium
to pay.

Think you both should get quotes from the Caravan Club.
A month ago my 2003 Bailey for 6000 cover was 102. Inc. Legal
Protection. (200 voluntary excess)

I'm in the other club though, that's a good price you got for van ins.
Ihave used Saga for different insurance and they have been very good when
there has been
a claim, but switching car ins next year as they are getting much to
expensive now.

Old December 5th 10, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans,uk.rec.caravanning
Lunar475

On Dec 5, 1:08*pm, "A Plumber" wrote:
"David" wrote in message

"A Plumber" wrote in message

I dropped the value of my van as its getting older 2003 avondale to 5000
and the cost
has gone down to 157 with Saga, the reduction in value made a huge
difference in the premium
to pay.

Think you both should get quotes from the Caravan Club.
A month ago my 2003 Bailey for 6000 cover was 102. * Inc. Legal
Protection. ( 200 voluntary excess)

I'm in the other club though, that's a good price you got for van ins.

A very good reason for switching clubs?
Old December 5th 10, 02:29 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans,uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne[_3_]

So ClubCare is something to do with the Camping and Caravan Club, bit
confused at first until I Googled. The insurance of my Swift by the Caravan
Club, van only a year old, has actually fallen this year so now paying about
372 a year.

David

PS good to see some posts after many weeks of there being none on this
group!

Old December 15th 10, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans,uk.rec.caravanning
Sheila & Les

"A Plumber" wrote in message
o.uk...

"David" wrote in message

"A Plumber" wrote in message

I dropped the value of my van as its getting older 2003 avondale to
5000 and the cost
has gone down to 157 with Saga, the reduction in value made a huge
difference in the premium
to pay.

Think you both should get quotes from the Caravan Club.
A month ago my 2003 Bailey for 6000 cover was 102. Inc. Legal
Protection. (200 voluntary excess)

I'm in the other club though, that's a good price you got for van ins.
Ihave used Saga for different insurance and they have been very good when
there has been
a claim, but switching car ins next year as they are getting much to
expensive now.
We are with Saga and ours (car) went up, but on checking about premiums
have gone up 48% on average, so infact Saga is still quite good, plus one
must look at what the cover offers

Caravan insurance is through the club and we have found them first class.