OT. Public insurance

Old January 5th 11, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default OT. Public insurance

I know some of you here are good on insurance.
I have noted that lots of people are required in these days of H&S etc to
have Public Liability insurance / Third Party.
EG if you have a business you buy it or if you join a club they have it to
cover you etc.
Now my question is will we as individuals have it in any of the Policies we
already have?
What I'm thinking is in this day and age of "If there is a blame there is a
claim" if say someone fell because of me and the made a claim on me would I
be covered?
We all probably have House, Contents, Possessions, car and caravan
insurance.
I'm thinking of if I was just walking down the street etc.

Old January 5th 11, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , David
writes
I know some of you here are good on insurance.
I have noted that lots of people are required in these days of H&S etc
to have Public Liability insurance / Third Party.
EG if you have a business you buy it or if you join a club they have it
to cover you etc.
Now my question is will we as individuals have it in any of the
Policies we already have?
What I'm thinking is in this day and age of "If there is a blame there
is a claim" if say someone fell because of me and the made a claim on
me would I be covered?
We all probably have House, Contents, Possessions, car and caravan
insurance.
I'm thinking of if I was just walking down the street etc.

AIUI
Car insurance includes mandatory 3rd party insurance
It also includes 3rd party cover when towing provided you have notified
your insurers of your intention to tow
House insurance includes public liability insurance including claims
against any "controllable" animals in your care (that excludes cats
btw.)

My personal view is that the way to reduce the liability obsession is
for the courts to substantially reduce the awards for claims unless
significant negligence exists and to limit the fees payable to NWNF
lawyers.

H&S should be pushed back to its origins - the need to tackle the then
dreadful safety record of the construction industry.
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha
Old January 5th 11, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , David
My personal view is that the way to reduce the liability obsession is for
the courts to substantially reduce the awards for claims unless
significant negligence exists and to limit the fees payable to NWNF
lawyers.

H&S should be pushed back to its origins - the need to tackle the then
dreadful safety record of the construction industry.
--

Yes tending to agree with you, just back from the Post Office they refused a
packet because I had closed it with staples!

Old January 5th 11, 02:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , David
writes

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , David
My personal view is that the way to reduce the liability obsession is
for the courts to substantially reduce the awards for claims unless
significant negligence exists and to limit the fees payable to NWNF
lawyers.

H&S should be pushed back to its origins - the need to tackle the
then dreadful safety record of the construction industry.
--

Yes tending to agree with you, just back from the Post Office they
refused a packet because I had closed it with staples!
" Why?"
"Postman might get one in his finger or hand".
They accepted it when the staples were covered by cellotape.

Tell the postman to keep his/her fingers out of your parcel !!
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha
Old January 6th 11, 08:26 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Stottle

"David" wrote in message

Yes tending to agree with you, just back from the Post Office they refused
a packet because I had closed it with staples!
" Why?"
"Postman might get one in his finger or hand".
They accepted it when the staples were covered by cellotape.

Two other possibilities:-

a) Staples could be easily removed and replaced without indication, making
it easy to steal the contents whilst en route, and leaving the sender liable
to the accusation that the contents were never included. If the staples were
covered by Sellotape, it would be more likely to leave visible signs that
the Sellotape had been removed to access the staples.

b) Staples could pull out as the packet passed through the system, letting
the contents spill out, or if the staples did pull out, they could get
jammed in the machinery.