Good CLs

Old January 29th 11, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
MartinC

Default Good CLs

While it is so quiet has anyone got any favourite CLs they wish to recommend
or comment on?

Access is always an important consideration.

Other peoples experiences are a good indicator of the standards etc.

Thanks Martin C

Portsmouth area

Old January 30th 11, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Argentobarbus

"MartinC" a écrit dans le message de
o.uk...
While it is so quiet has anyone got any favourite CLs they wish to
recommend or comment on?

Access is always an important consideration.

Other peoples experiences are a good indicator of the standards etc.

Thanks Martin C

Portsmouth area

CL ??????????????????????????????????

Old January 30th 11, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John B[_3_]

"Argentobarbus" wrote in message
r...
"MartinC" a écrit dans le message
de
o.uk...
While it is so quiet has anyone got any favourite CLs they wish to
recommend or comment on?

Access is always an important consideration.

Other peoples experiences are a good indicator of the standards etc.

Thanks Martin C

Portsmouth area

CL ??????????????????????????????????

Argentobus, I presume you are French and not aware of our campsite
traditions in the UK.

There are two main clubs, the Caravan Club and the Camping and Caravanning
club. Both clubs have their own larger sites open to members and often
non-members. There are also small sites that they promote and check.These
can have a maximum of five outfits at any one time. The Caravan Club ones
are called Certified Locations or CLs and the other club has Certified
Sites, or CSs. These are usually farmers fields, though usually very well
maintained, often with excellent facilities, but sometimes only a tap and
waste facilities. They are only open to club members. There are a few
thousand of these throughout the UK.

Have a look at www.caravanclub.co.uk or www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
and you will find more information but you have to be a member to log on to
get full information.

Best wishes,

John B

Old January 30th 11, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

MartinC wrote:

While it is so quiet has anyone got any favourite CLs they wish to
recommend or comment on?

Access is always an important consideration.

Other peoples experiences are a good indicator of the standards etc.

We've never found a 'bad' CL yet, so just pick an area and see what's
available.

--
Paul - xxx
Old January 31st 11, 02:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
harry pleavin

The things that attract us to CL's/CS's a- 1.The prices, usually
amazingly cheap even with hook up. 2. The vast diversity of where you can
find them, quite often where there isn't a commercial or club site for
miles, and 3. They are usually peaceful and rarely overrun with children.
They really do represent the 'joys of caravanning'.

Old February 1st 11, 12:35 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea[_2_]

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
MartinC wrote:

While it is so quiet has anyone got any favourite CLs they wish to
recommend or comment on?

Access is always an important consideration.

Other peoples experiences are a good indicator of the standards etc.

We've never found a 'bad' CL yet, so just pick an area and see what's
available.

--
Paul - xxx

Nowadays I would be careful in that assumption

Last year we returned to a CL in Norfolk that we have used twice a year on a
regular basis for the last five years

How it got past the Caravan Club inspection that took place while we were there in
the summer of 2010 really is beyond belief

The place to empty the loo was frequently covered cover by a vehicle parked over
the manhole cover

The water tap provided to flush the loo was less than a trickle and it took more
than 20 minutes to fill an Aquaroll from a different tap with NO OTHER FACILITIES
, bar a loo available during very restricted hours

Their daily prices quotes for the CL in the latest hand book was £8.00 per night
( and confirmed on booking ) , when we arrived it was £12.00

While we were there was another CL owner on site who was amazed that they "Got
Away" with the discrepancies

I emailed the CC with photos and comments six or so months ago and have yet to
have a reply
Do I expect one now , NOT REALLY

In the new hand book and on the CC website the site is still listed and still
below a tenner

CL's are now getting pricey sometimes VERY close to the price of a CC Site

I'm fast coming to the conclusion that if you want reasonable facilities you have
to pay "A BIT MORE"

There's a site on the Cambridgeshire / Norfolk border that even in 2011 is
charging a lot less that £12.00 a night with ALL THE facilities and that includes
electric and a couple of ale houses NOT TO FAR AWAY

I'm sure we'll be down there for a week each side of any bank holiday this year

--
DieSea

Old February 2nd 11, 12:43 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea[_2_]

"David Klyne" wrote in message
o.uk...
Don't you have an option of putting a review on the Caravan Club website for
CL's?

David

Bit of a snip

You certainly do

I did fill in a report complete with attached photographs in July last year

The Caravan Club has yet to respond and the site is still listed

I did a brief check on the Caravan Club Cl site finder in the last few days to
find that nothing has altered on its current description

--
DieSea