'Ego ' motor mover

Old January 30th 11, 03:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lunar475

Default 'Ego ' motor mover

Considering one of these - weight, design price.
Does anybody have any comments about them. Please no more about
Powrtouch - why is EVERYBODY trying to sell me that one?
Old January 31st 11, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tony Radstone

Rather than a Motor mover I fitted a front detachable towbar, have a
look at http://www.watling-towbars.co.uk/front_towbars.html

I am not conected to this company

Tony
Old January 31st 11, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 08:03:48 -0800 (PST), Lunar475
wrote:

Considering one of these - weight, design price.
Does anybody have any comments about them. Please no more about
Powrtouch - why is EVERYBODY trying to sell me that one?

I fitted Rhyno Charger mover 18 months ago and was very happy with
it. The price was right at the time but the price of the two below is
much llower than any others I have found and if I were to buy now I
would buy one of those and fit it myself. It seems to me that movers
either work or they do not, if they do not work then they go back
immediately and a refund appears, if they work then they carry on
working so the simpler the better from my point of view.

http://www.riverswayleisure.co.uk/ac...fo_910666.html

http://www.towsure.com/product/17569..._-_Single_Axle
Bill Lord

e-mail messages to bill dot lord at tunshill dot co dot uk
Old January 31st 11, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Long tall ugly

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 02:35:52 -0800 (PST), Tony Radstone
wrote:

Rather than a Motor mover I fitted a front detachable towbar, have a
look at http://www.watling-towbars.co.uk/front_towbars.html

I am not conected to this company

Tony

Hi Bill,
I bought one of thoes ( not fitted yet)
but I have had a close look at all the components..it's nicely made
very strong, bits fit together easily.
Electrics are nice and easy, circuit boards are well made with good
componets, comes with enough wire to fit mover to van and then run
electrics aroud the van twice with loads to spare, cut off switch is
solid. seems good value for money.
Bit heavy but ar'nt they all.
SWMBO says caravan repairs and mover fitting in March not before,
just hope its OK as I bought it in Nov 2010.
John
Old February 1st 11, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

wrote:

Rather than a Motor mover I fitted a front detachable towbar, have a
look at http://www.watling-towbars.co.uk/front_towbars.html

I am not conected to this company

Tony

Hi Bill,
I bought one of thoes ( not fitted yet)
but I have had a close look at all the components..it's nicely made
very strong, bits fit together easily.
Electrics are nice and easy, circuit boards are well made with good
componets, comes with enough wire to fit mover to van and then run
electrics aroud the van twice with loads to spare, cut off switch is
solid. seems good value for money.
Bit heavy but ar'nt they all.
SWMBO says caravan repairs and mover fitting in March not before,
just hope its OK as I bought it in Nov 2010.
John

When I bought it I had two things in mind the first was that the
weight of the mover was amongst the lowest available, and secondly
that when fitted the mover would be higher up by the chassis giving
the greatest amount of clearance available to any mover on the market
at that time. As you say there is lots of cable available for the
mover and the recommendation is not to cu any of it off to allow the
mover to be refitted on a different caravan at a later date.

Old March 13th 11, 06:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Balcombe[_2_]

I bought my E-Go from Homestead about 18 months ago. I found fitting to be
well within my limited DIY skills, Homestead were helpful for the one small
bit of advice I needed and to date the mover has worked well. Frankly I am
surprised it is not more common because it appears better designed and
engineered than many competitors.

Peter