Van for a tall bloke

Old April 5th 11, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tim[_7_]

Default Van for a tall bloke

My son wants to start caravanning and will buy a cheapy to see if it
suits. Big prob is that he is 6ft 4" and has no wish to spend his time
stooping. I suppose an awning would help in the headroom stakes but
does anyone know of any vans with that sort of headroom??
Old April 6th 11, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Appelation Controlee

On Tue, 5 Apr 2011 12:56:21 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

My son wants to start caravanning and will buy a cheapy to see if it
suits. Big prob is that he is 6ft 4" and has no wish to spend his time
stooping. I suppose an awning would help in the headroom stakes but
does anyone know of any vans with that sort of headroom??

Our Bailey has internal headroom of 6ft 5in.

AFAIK this is common to all of their ranges.
Old April 6th 11, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Long tall ugly

wrote:

My son wants to start caravanning and will buy a cheapy to see if it
suits. Big prob is that he is 6ft 4" and has no wish to spend his time
stooping. I suppose an awning would help in the headroom stakes but
does anyone know of any vans with that sort of headroom??

Being the same height....
Nearly all vans are tall enough in the middle (where you walk)
All door apetures are slightly low (I have that insulating foam you
put round pipes , split , and then pushed over the various door
lintles)
The wall shelves will be a problem until he remembers they are there.
I have moved all roof lighting to one side !
He will naturaly stoop , room enough or not.
Some times backing out of the loo is required.
I have been vanning for many years and have got used to it,
some vans are slightly better than others,my personal preferenvce is
for a long van with big rear bathroom.
I would not recommend any one make , its the layout that is important.
Find a second hand van ,Just get in and try it out to see if it fits
OK.
We have deliberately bought VERY cheep old/damp vans so we can
throw them away if they don't suit, did 4 vans like that until we got
the right layout tehn we payed some money for a better one.
All 4 vans we bought wrer so cheap that the holiday was still cost
afective and all 4 vans are still being used ..2 as sheds and 2 still
working.
The dearest one was 500.
Regards
John
Old April 7th 11, 09:07 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tim[_7_]

wrote:

My son wants to start caravanning and will buy a cheapy to see if it
suits. Big prob is that he is 6ft 4" and has no wish to spend his time
stooping. I suppose an awning would help in the headroom stakes but
does anyone know of any vans with that sort of headroom??

Our Bailey has internal headroom of 6ft 5in.

AFAIK this is common to all of their ranges.

What year is your bailey??
Tks
Old April 7th 11, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Appelation Controlee

wrote:

My son wants to start caravanning and will buy a cheapy to see if it
suits. Big prob is that he is 6ft 4" and has no wish to spend his time
stooping. I suppose an awning would help in the headroom stakes but
does anyone know of any vans with that sort of headroom??

Our Bailey has internal headroom of 6ft 5in.

AFAIK this is common to all of their ranges.

What year is your bailey??

It's new. Sorry, I don't know how long that headroom has been part of
the spec.
Old April 10th 11, 08:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
mstapleford

Tim wrote:
My son wants to start caravanning and will buy a cheapy to see if it
suits. Big prob is that he is 6ft 4" and has no wish to spend his time
stooping. I suppose an awning would help in the headroom stakes but
does anyone know of any vans with that sort of headroom??

Hi Tim

I'm 6'4 and have the same problem. Have just purchased an Abbey GTS
215 (2 berth) and have no porblem at all. Hope this helps