Wastemaster emptying

Old April 18th 11, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chris J Dixon

Default Wastemaster emptying

Whilst a Wastemaster certainly eases the transport of waste water
to the emptying point, I have to admit that, once there, it can
be quite tricky to handle.

Many waste disposal points have a brick surround, with one side
lowered, but they are not wide enough to get the wheels between.
If you lift the considerable weight in sideways, there is then
the task of controlling flow, by undoing the discharge cap and
the top one as a breather, without getting drenched, or
overwhelming the hopper.

I've also tried putting the handle end in first, but that didn't
seem significantly easier or less messy.

Am I missing an obvious trick?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Old April 18th 11, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
Whilst a Wastemaster certainly eases the transport of waste water
to the emptying point, I have to admit that, once there, it can
be quite tricky to handle.

Many waste disposal points have a brick surround, with one side
lowered, but they are not wide enough to get the wheels between.
If you lift the considerable weight in sideways, there is then
the task of controlling flow, by undoing the discharge cap and
the top one as a breather, without getting drenched, or
overwhelming the hopper.

I've also tried putting the handle end in first, but that didn't
seem significantly easier or less messy.

Am I missing an obvious trick?

Yes.
Empty it on the edge of field or similar.

Old April 18th 11, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chris J Dixon

David wrote:

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
.. .
Whilst a Wastemaster certainly eases the transport of waste water
to the emptying point, I have to admit that, once there, it can
be quite tricky to handle.

Many waste disposal points have a brick surround, with one side
lowered, but they are not wide enough to get the wheels between.
If you lift the considerable weight in sideways, there is then
the task of controlling flow, by undoing the discharge cap and
the top one as a breather, without getting drenched, or
overwhelming the hopper.

I've also tried putting the handle end in first, but that didn't
seem significantly easier or less messy.

Am I missing an obvious trick?

Yes.
Empty it on the edge of field or similar.

That isn't always appropriate, though one CL owner was eager to
suggest that his newly planted saplings would appreciate a drink.

Chris

Old April 18th 11, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gerard

"David" schreef in bericht

Yes.
Empty it on the edge of field or similar.

If that's how you feel about it, use a punctured bucket and
save yourself the walk as well as 45,-.

Regards, Gerard.

Old April 18th 11, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne[_3_]

You could use Caravan Club sites as they all have adapted emptying points
for the likes of Wastemaster. Not sure if I am getting weak in my old age
but increasingly I am struggling with a full Wastemaster! I do also have the
Fiamma alternative but it only holds 23lts which is not so convenient but
easier to empty.

David

Old April 20th 11, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , David
Klyne writes
[...]

Problem I have with Wastemaster is that they seem to be designed for
people who are about 5' 8" tall or who have very long arms reaching down
to their knees.
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha
Old April 20th 11, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Another Dave

On 18/04/2011 16:41, Chris J Dixon wrote:

That isn't always appropriate, though one CL owner was eager to
suggest that his newly planted saplings would appreciate a drink.

In France too. "Sur les fleurs, Monsieur!"

Another Dave