Borders Caravan Site

Old May 1st 11, 07:08 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
dave dog

Default Borders Caravan Site

We are thinking of taking our caravan to the Scottish Borders in
August. Has anyone had any personal experience of any caravan sites in
the Borders?
Ideally we would be looking for somewhere quiet and peaceful so anyone
with any ideas please post a reply. Thanks
Old May 1st 11, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
KAW[_2_]

On 01/05/2011 08:08, dave dog wrote:
We are thinking of taking our caravan to the Scottish Borders in
August. Has anyone had any personal experience of any caravan sites in
the Borders?
Ideally we would be looking for somewhere quiet and peaceful so anyone
with any ideas please post a reply. Thanks

We used Thirlestane Castle site at Lauder a few years ago. It was fairly
basic then but had all the essentials and was quiet. Don't know if its
been developed since then.
Old May 1st 11, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea[_2_]

"KAW" wrote in message
On 01/05/2011 08:08, dave dog wrote:
We are thinking of taking our caravan to the Scottish Borders in
August. Has anyone had any personal experience of any caravan sites in
the Borders?
Ideally we would be looking for somewhere quiet and peaceful so anyone
with any ideas please post a reply. Thanks

We used Thirlestane Castle site at Lauder a few years ago. It was fairly basic
then but had all the essentials and was quiet. Don't know if its been developed
since then.

Doing a Google brings the following up

http://www.thirlestanecastlepark.co....ring_site.html

--

DieSea

Old May 1st 11, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Booty

"dave dog" wrote in message
We are thinking of taking our caravan to the Scottish Borders in
August. Has anyone had any personal experience of any caravan sites in
the Borders?
Ideally we would be looking for somewhere quiet and peaceful so anyone
with any ideas please post a reply. Thanks

Depends on how near the border you want.

We have been to a site in Moffat three times in the last few years, my
wife's ex employer has a static there that we used but they do take tourers
too I noticed.

We have now bought a tourer and will be going for a visit.

It is close but not too close to the M74 ( a mile at the most ), Dumphrese
(? sp ) about 22 miles, Ayre, Edinborough and Glasgow about 50 miles. About
30 miles over the border.

Moffat itself is a nice little town and caters well for tourists - it is not
over run with them though, some nice eateries and unusual shops and a small
theatre.

Between the border and Moffat I think Moffat it is the best choice having
been to the area a few times.

This is the site

http://www.craigielands-countrypark.co.uk/index.php

Don't know the rates for tourers but there is fishing in a private lake
there, a small bar and a small shop for bread and milk etc.

It is in a very nice country setting too.

Moffat itself is only a mile or so away and walkable if you wish.

It's about 153 miles for us but we once went just for the weekend - it's
nice.

Hope this helps.

Old May 2nd 11, 12:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Miller[_3_]

"dave dog" wrote in message

We are thinking of taking our caravan to the Scottish Borders in
August. Has anyone had any personal experience of any caravan sites in
the Borders?
Ideally we would be looking for somewhere quiet and peaceful so anyone
with any ideas please post a reply. Thanks
I might regret this, as it's our favourite site and isn't too widely known,
but if you want peace and quiet coupled with magnificent views, then you'll
find it hard to beat the small site at Town Yetholm. Two good pubs within
walking distance with excellent food, local butcher and a Spar shop for
newspapers, rolls, etc. It's situated near the end of the Pennine Way, so if
you like walking (albeit of the hilly variety!), then there's plenty of
opportunity. It's 7 miles from Kelso with a Lidl and another supermarket,
excellent swimming baths, Floors Castle and a variety of shops. Also within
easy reach of the other Border towns. Highly recommended.

See: http://www.kirkfieldcaravanpark.co.uk/index.php

John M