Gas flexible pipe.

Old June 1st 11, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default Gas flexible pipe.

Thought I would change the flexible gas pipe from the gas bottle regulator
so bought a cut length from a dealer yesterday, was told to replace again in
a year.
Do you change yours every year?
The caravan as been 3 times serviced by the dealer I wonder why the piece I
took off was the year of manufacture of the caravan.
If someone confirms it is a legal requirement I suggest you all check your
date of the pipe if using a dealer to annually service your caravan.

Old June 1st 11, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David[_14_]

FROM CALOR -

BS3212 or BSEN1763 hoses should bear the year and name of manufacturer.

We have no specific recommendation for the exchange interval for vapour hoses,
but it is considered that the normal useful service life of such hoses is 5
years.

Aggressive operating conditions or simple misuse may render the hose unfit for
service in a shorter time than 5 years. The User of the hose carries
responsibility for routinely checking visually the hose(s) for signs of
abrasion, cuts, cracks, fading, brittleness, hot spots or other damage. If the
User has doubts about hose integrity then arrangements should be made for a
competent person to check and if necessary, fit a replacement(s).

Dealers and Calor Centre delivery persons, caravan park operators, fitters and
others who regularly come into contact with flexible hose applications may
also participate in this regular visual inspection, and make appropriate
recommendations to the customer/owner of the hose concerned.

Old June 1st 11, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"David" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you David looks like my Dealer thinks his replacement hose will only
last a year then.
I would add he also told me if the pipe over a year old an insurance claim
would be void.

Old June 1st 11, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David[_14_]

On Wed, 1 Jun 2011 12:44:04 +0100, "David" wrote:

Thank you David looks like my Dealer thinks his replacement hose will only
last a year then.
I would add he also told me if the pipe over a year old an insurance claim
would be void.

I'd check that with your Insurer!

Old June 1st 11, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea[_2_]

"David" wrote in message ...
Thought I would change the flexible gas pipe from the gas bottle regulator so
bought a cut length from a dealer yesterday, was told to replace again in a
year.
Do you change yours every year?
The caravan as been 3 times serviced by the dealer I wonder why the piece I took
off was the year of manufacture of the caravan.
If someone confirms it is a legal requirement I suggest you all check your date
of the pipe if using a dealer to annually service your caravan.

Depends on the colour I'm told

Two years ago I purchased a new length of flexible orange gas pipe from Reads
Caravans

I was told that flexible orange gas pipe had a life span of 5 years from the date
of manufacture which is stamped on the hose

12 months later when Read Caravans did the annual service that gas pipe had been
changed this time to Black

The service manager when queried said they changed the gas pipe on each service
and flexible Black gas pipe had a life span of 12 months

The changes were required under the gas safe safety register so said Read Caravans

I'll wait and see , vans got its annual service in a couple of weeks

We'll see what this "BIG Agent" finds an excuse this time

--

DieSea

Old June 1st 11, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David[_14_]

Thought black was for indoor use.
Was told this by a Calor dealer when buying for a gas BBQ

Dave
Old June 1st 11, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dougal

On 01/06/2011 13:28, David wrote:
Thought black was for indoor use.
Was told this by a Calor dealer when buying for a gas BBQ

Dave

.... and if it's Christmas-wrapped you can only use use it on Christmas
Day - and only in the year of manufacture if you want to gild the lily.