Using a full service pitch

Old June 3rd 11, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Appelation Controlee

Default Using a full service pitch

In a week's time we'll be staying for a week on a site where the only
availability for our size of caravan is a full service pitch.

I haven't used one of these pitches before, although I've observed (at
a distance) how one or two others have set themselves up.

Is there an off-the-peg kit available? Alternatively what do I need to
assemble kit-wise to be able to deal with most eventualities when I
come to hook up?

From what I've seen, it seems the norm to use the Aquaroll as a kind
of cistern, so I'll need an unknown length of hose, tap connector(s)
and something like a Torbeck valve adapted to fit the Aquaroll cap.

Typical drainage arrangements seem to use ordinary domestic waste
pipe, with nothing unusual involved.

Is it that simple, or are there any 'gotchas' I need to look out for?

Comments/advice welcomed and appreciated. :-)

Old June 3rd 11, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 17:25:13 +0100, Appelation Controlee
wrote:

In a week's time we'll be staying for a week on a site where the only
availability for our size of caravan is a full service pitch.

I haven't used one of these pitches before, although I've observed (at
a distance) how one or two others have set themselves up.

Is there an off-the-peg kit available? Alternatively what do I need to
assemble kit-wise to be able to deal with most eventualities when I
come to hook up?

From what I've seen, it seems the norm to use the Aquaroll as a kind
of cistern, so I'll need an unknown length of hose, tap connector(s)
and something like a Torbeck valve adapted to fit the Aquaroll cap.

Typical drainage arrangements seem to use ordinary domestic waste
pipe, with nothing unusual involved.

Is it that simple, or are there any 'gotchas' I need to look out for?

Comments/advice welcomed and appreciated. :-)

You have to decide if this is a one off or something you will be doing
regularly. For a one off use the pitch exactly as you would use a
pitch without services, if you are doing it a lot then you need some
kit. You need a kit to sit in the aquaroll have a look here
http://www.aquaroll.com/english/accessory.html

Ordinary domestic waste pipe will do the rest. You will find that the
30mm pipe fits neatly inside the 40mm pipe to allow you to regulate
the length of pipe you need .
Bill Lord

e-mail messages to bill dot lord at tunshill dot co dot uk
Old June 3rd 11, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Appelation Controlee

wrote:

In a week's time we'll be staying for a week on a site where the only
availability for our size of caravan is a full service pitch.

I haven't used one of these pitches before, although I've observed (at
a distance) how one or two others have set themselves up.

Is there an off-the-peg kit available? Alternatively what do I need to
assemble kit-wise to be able to deal with most eventualities when I
come to hook up?

From what I've seen, it seems the norm to use the Aquaroll as a kind
[...]

Thanks Bill - it's one of those situations where I'm inclined to make
this the opportunity to upgrade the kit so that we can exploit it in
future.
Old June 3rd 11, 09:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Appelation
Controlee writes

In a week's time we'll be staying for a week on a site where the only
availability for our size of caravan is a full service pitch.

I haven't used one of these pitches before, although I've observed (at
a distance) how one or two others have set themselves up.

Is there an off-the-peg kit available? Alternatively what do I need to
assemble kit-wise to be able to deal with most eventualities when I
come to hook up?

From what I've seen, it seems the norm to use the Aquaroll as a kind
of cistern, so I'll need an unknown length of hose, tap connector(s)
and something like a Torbeck valve adapted to fit the Aquaroll cap.

Typical drainage arrangements seem to use ordinary domestic waste
pipe, with nothing unusual involved.

Is it that simple, or are there any 'gotchas' I need to look out for?

Comments/advice welcomed and appreciated. :-)

Does it include TV aerial connection?
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha
Old June 3rd 11, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea[_2_]

wrote:

In a week's time we'll be staying for a week on a site where the only
availability for our size of caravan is a full service pitch.

I haven't used one of these pitches before, although I've observed (at
a distance) how one or two others have set themselves up.

Is there an off-the-peg kit available? Alternatively what do I need to
assemble kit-wise to be able to deal with most eventualities when I
come to hook up?

From what I've seen, it seems the norm to use the Aquaroll as a kind
[...]

Didn't Harry (BYT) from Leeds do a "HOW TO" on the cheep about a kit for the Aqua
roll a year or two back

Perhaps Harry might chime in here

--

DieSea

Old June 4th 11, 08:24 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Appelation Controlee

On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 22:27:37 +0100, hugh ] wrote:

In message , Appelation
Controlee writes

In a week's time we'll be staying for a week on a site where the only
availability for our size of caravan is a full service pitch.

I haven't used one of these pitches before, although I've observed (at
a distance) how one or two others have set themselves up.

Is there an off-the-peg kit available? Alternatively what do I need to
assemble kit-wise to be able to deal with most eventualities when I
come to hook up?

From what I've seen, it seems the norm to use the Aquaroll as a kind
of cistern, so I'll need an unknown length of hose, tap connector(s)
and something like a Torbeck valve adapted to fit the Aquaroll cap.

Typical drainage arrangements seem to use ordinary domestic waste
pipe, with nothing unusual involved.

Is it that simple, or are there any 'gotchas' I need to look out for?

Comments/advice welcomed and appreciated. :-)

Does it include TV aerial connection?

As it happens, yes the pitch does have TV connection..
Old June 4th 11, 08:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Appelation Controlee" wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 22:27:37 +0100, hugh ] wrote:

In message ha1iu65iru1c
Does it include TV aerial connection?

As it happens, yes the pitch does have TV connection..

Wi-Fi?

regards

Old June 4th 11, 09:06 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Appelation
Controlee writes
On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 22:27:37 +0100, hugh ] wrote:

In message , Appelation
Controlee writes

In a week's time we'll be staying for a week on a site where the only
availability for our size of caravan is a full service pitch.

I haven't used one of these pitches before, although I've observed (at
a distance) how one or two others have set themselves up.

Is there an off-the-peg kit available? Alternatively what do I need to
assemble kit-wise to be able to deal with most eventualities when I
come to hook up?

From what I've seen, it seems the norm to use the Aquaroll as a kind
of cistern, so I'll need an unknown length of hose, tap connector(s)
and something like a Torbeck valve adapted to fit the Aquaroll cap.

Typical drainage arrangements seem to use ordinary domestic waste
pipe, with nothing unusual involved.

Is it that simple, or are there any 'gotchas' I need to look out for?

Comments/advice welcomed and appreciated. :-)

Does it include TV aerial connection?

As it happens, yes the pitch does have TV connection..

Then if you want to use it you will need a suitable connection cable.
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha
Old June 4th 11, 09:08 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , David
writes

"Appelation Controlee" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 22:27:37 +0100, hugh ] wrote:

In message ha1iu65iru1c
Does it include TV aerial connection?

As it happens, yes the pitch does have TV connection..

Wi-Fi?

regards
David

Wi-Fi is site not pitch related.
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha
Old June 4th 11, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Appelation Controlee

On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 09:55:23 +0100, "David"
wrote:

"Appelation Controlee" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 22:27:37 +0100, hugh ] wrote:

In message ha1iu65iru1c
Does it include TV aerial connection?

As it happens, yes the pitch does have TV connection..

Wi-Fi?

Not sure off-hand, but I can always fall back on the Kindle 3G
connection if it becomes necessary.