Dartford crossing

Old August 15th 11, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
artleknock

Default Dartford crossing

A petition worth supporting, help to stop "Rip Off Britain".
The original agreement was that the tolls would stop when the bridge
was paid for, instead the Blair government gave the toll franchise to
a French company, now they are increasing the toll. It has even been
discussed about selling the bridge to raise money (for the
government).

http://epetitions.di.../petitions/1878
Old August 16th 11, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne[_3_]

I could not get the link below to work but found this
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/1878 Personally not too bothered
about tolls on the Dartford crossing as I only use it a few times a year.
However I think the more compelling reason to abolish them is to ease
congestion.

David

Old August 16th 11, 03:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Another Dave

On 16/08/2011 14:39, David Klyne wrote:
However I think the more compelling reason to abolish them is to ease
congestion.

Particularly when the Blackwall tunnel is closed, as it has been the
last couple of years I've been down there.

Another Dave
Old August 16th 11, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
harry pleavin

Same promise was made about the Mersey tunnel way back in the 1930's and we
are still paying for it. We've had protests galore but been ignored so I
don't hold out much hope for the Dartford. But, if you do succeed it will
help us no end, good luck, Harry

Old August 17th 11, 09:07 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
artleknock

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 19:42:12 +0100, "Harry Pleavin"
wrote:

Same promise was made about the Mersey tunnel way back in the 1930's and we
are still paying for it. We've had protests galore but been ignored so I
don't hold out much hope for the Dartford. But, if you do succeed it will
help us no end, good luck, Harry

I didn't start the petition, I just found it and think its a good
idea. If the government (all parties) were as good at keeping their
word as they are at finding ways of taxing money out of us the country
would be in a better shape.