dongles

Old August 26th 11, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
KAW[_2_]

Default dongles

Does anyone use an O2 pay as you go dongle when caravanning?
Their pricing structure suits our needs but there coverage map seems to
show that they are useless on most sites and CLs.
Any advice welcome.
TIA
Keith
Old August 26th 11, 08:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David[_15_]

"KAW" wrote in message ...

Does anyone use an O2 pay as you go dongle when caravanning?
Their pricing structure suits our needs but there coverage map seems to
show that they are useless on most sites and CLs.
Any advice welcome.

Got one sometimes good other times bad.
Many times I have to disconnect and re-connect to keep it working, annoying
thing is at the end of the month on pay as you go your credit disappears.
O2 indecate they have some sort of arrangement that you can use BT wi-fi
Open Zones free if in credit but I always get asked to pay..

Old August 26th 11, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tunku[_2_]

KAW wrote in :

Does anyone use an O2 pay as you go dongle when caravanning?
Their pricing structure suits our needs but there coverage map seems to
show that they are useless on most sites and CLs.
Any advice welcome.
TIA
Keith

I've only remembered to take mine with me once when caravanning.
That was last month when we went to Bamburgh. Couldn't get a signal
anywhere, even took the lappy out in the car once to check.
It works perfectly at home.
Old August 26th 11, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tunku[_2_]

KAW wrote in :

Does anyone use an O2 pay as you go dongle when caravanning?
Their pricing structure suits our needs but there coverage map seems to
show that they are useless on most sites and CLs.
Any advice welcome.
TIA
Keith

I forgot to add, where is their coverage map about? I can't find it.
Cheers.
Old August 27th 11, 12:31 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea[_3_]

"KAW" wrote in message
Does anyone use an O2 pay as you go dongle when caravanning?
Their pricing structure suits our needs but there coverage map seems to show
that they are useless on most sites and CLs.
Any advice welcome.
TIA
Keith

I've got 3 Pay as you go dongles

Voda , 3 and O2

They're not worth the hassle

Each one works well in one area and not another

THE BIG problem is that if you don't use your data within the allotted time you
loose it

Try the free places if you want to pick emails up

Wetherspoons , coffee good , food Cr*p

MacDonalds , Food Cr*p , coffee cr*p and expensive

In one of our many forays up to Southern Scotland with the caravan one local hotel
bar owner that we got to know quite well took interest in a shiny new tablet I had
and gave me the keys to his private wifi

Having said that , nowadays , I tend to leave such gadgets at home only taking an
old mobile with me

If any one wants me , they can text , which I MAY get back to them within 72 hours

Family always know roughly where we are and if things get desperate they can get
plod out

A good filter , if plod don't think its urgent , then plod wont act

Perhaps that's one of the joys of being retired

30 years ago I was a Technical Manger on the road covering most of Northern
England,

We didn't have mobiles in those day, but my boss knew where to find me if anything
went pearshaped

Nowadays they can find out exactly where you are at the touch of a mouse

No TA , BIG BROTHER

--

DieSea

Old August 27th 11, 06:50 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

KAW wrote:

Does anyone use an O2 pay as you go dongle when caravanning?
Their pricing structure suits our needs but there coverage map seems
to show that they are useless on most sites and CLs. Any advice
welcome. TIA

We use a T-mobile dongle and as others have said it's only as good as
the coverage where you are. By nature of mostly using CL's, fields and
only occasionally larger sites near towns we generally don't get good
quality of service .. in towns we do .. as expected really!

--
Paul - xxx
Old August 27th 11, 08:31 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Stottle[_3_]

"Tunku" wrote in message ...
KAW wrote in :

Does anyone use an O2 pay as you go dongle when caravanning?
Their pricing structure suits our needs but there coverage map seems to
show that they are useless on most sites and CLs.
Any advice welcome.
TIA
Keith

I forgot to add, where is their coverage map about? I can't find it.
Cheers.

o2 coverage, start he-
http://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker
--
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Free Web Hosting available on the following link

Old August 27th 11, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Moppett[_2_]

KAW wrote:
Does anyone use an O2 pay as you go dongle when caravanning?
Their pricing structure suits our needs but there coverage map seems to
show that they are useless on most sites and CLs.
Any advice welcome.
TIA
Keith

Got a Voda dongle, useless!! Get a decent smartphone!
Old August 27th 11, 10:56 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
KAW[_2_]

On 26/08/2011 22:18, Tunku wrote:
wrote in :

Does anyone use an O2 pay as you go dongle when caravanning?
Their pricing structure suits our needs but there coverage map seems to
show that they are useless on most sites and CLs.
Any advice welcome.
TIA
Keith

I forgot to add, where is their coverage map about? I can't find it.
Cheers.

I found it on the O2 website
Old August 27th 11, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
KAW[_2_]

On 27/08/2011 10:52, John Moppett wrote:
KAW wrote:
Does anyone use an O2 pay as you go dongle when caravanning?
Their pricing structure suits our needs but there coverage map seems
to show that they are useless on most sites and CLs.
Any advice welcome.
TIA
Keith

Got a Voda dongle, useless!! Get a decent smartphone!

Thanks all for the info. Reckon there's no point in shelling out for a
dongle then.
Anyone tried using the Caravan Club's wifi? It seems pricy but may be
worth it for a few days on site.