Memory foam toppers

Old August 30th 11, 09:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Howard Morgan

Default Memory foam toppers

Has anybody who suffers with a bad back tried these, do they work?, any
advice would be gratefully received(On a single bed)
Howard

Old August 30th 11, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith

Raskelf high density memory foam toppers. We find good in 'van (we don't
have built-in duvet version).
Advertise in CC Mag (page 140 of Sept 2011 issue) and appeared on "Dragon's
Den". Latter not necessarily a recommendation, they forgot to mention they
won the MMM 'Product of the year' in 2009.
We got them at the Newbury (Royal Berks) show, about 2007.

Old August 30th 11, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David[_14_]

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 10:53:42 +0100, "Howard Morgan"
wrote:

Has anybody who suffers with a bad back tried these, do they work?, any
advice would be gratefully received(On a single bed)
Howard

I would advise against the Raskelf route. Expensive for what they are. I
have tried a 3 inch and 1 inch thick version from other sources. Found the 1
inch version better for my back than the thicker one.

Cannot remember where I got mine form but have a google round I paid about 50%
of the Raskelf price.

Old September 1st 11, 11:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Neil

wrote:

Has anybody who suffers with a bad back tried these, do they work?, any
advice would be gratefully received(On a single bed)
Howard

Yes! Cheap 35mm thick, stock clearance one from a show IIRC.
Raskelf's prices are too high!

The double I bought fits the bed(made up from the seating upholstery)
quite well, and transforms what was a somewhat hard foam bed which
often left me aching in the morning, into a bed I can now wake up in
and forget I am in the 'van!

Seem to recall spending about 40 on it. Don't know how effective
anything thinner would be though.

Neil

Old September 2nd 11, 08:16 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Howard Morgan

Many thanks to all who have replied. it looks a memory foam topper is the
answer, now which one, Raskelf or Jonic or a cheap one, sometimes I think
cheapness is not always the best and vise visa

Old September 2nd 11, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Mills[_2_]

On 02/09/2011 09:16, Howard Morgan wrote:
Many thanks to all who have replied. it looks a memory foam topper is the
answer, now which one, Raskelf or Jonic or a cheap one, sometimes I think
cheapness is not always the best and vise visa

Don't forget that these things are quite bulky, so - unless you've got a
permanent bed - you'll need quite a lot of space in which to store it
during the daytime.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Old September 2nd 11, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
On 02/09/2011 09:16, Howard Morgan wrote:
Many thanks to all who have replied. it looks a memory foam topper is the
answer, now which one, Raskelf or Jonic or a cheap one, sometimes I think
cheapness is not always the best and vise visa

Don't forget that these things are quite bulky, so - unless you've got a
permanent bed - you'll need quite a lot of space in which to store it
during the daytime.
--
Cheers,
Roger
checked.

We leave ours on the bed, saves any hassle. But the 'van's a two-berth and
we don't take the table with us (hence no "big bed" to make up), we use the
fold-out table on the chest-of-drawers.