CLs (or similar) near Pickering

Old September 10th 11, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

Default CLs (or similar) near Pickering

Looking for a site for next weekend near Pickering, North Yorks. Need
good easy straight access as towing 7.9 metre van (shipping length) with
motorhome.
Any help most welcome.
--
hugh
Old September 10th 11, 02:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David[_16_]

"hugh" ] wrote in message
Looking for a site for next weekend near Pickering, North Yorks. Need good
easy straight access as towing 7.9 metre van (shipping length) with
motorhome.
Any help most welcome.
--

Are you a Caravan Club member? If so do a Search on CC members website.
I am going to Ashfield one again shortly.

Old September 10th 11, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , David
writes

"hugh" ] wrote in message
Looking for a site for next weekend near Pickering, North Yorks. Need
good easy straight access as towing 7.9 metre van (shipping length)
with motorhome.
Any help most welcome.
--

Are you a Caravan Club member? If so do a Search on CC members website.
I am going to Ashfield one again shortly.
Have used
Bank Top Farm, Cliff Farm, Hen Flatts Farm etc. all good to me.
But we are always satisfied with the CC CL's we go to, maybe we are
lucky or they are all good.
Regarding your access you sound big maybe read directions carefully or
ask owner, also sounds like you need to pitches, the area is popular.

Yes I'm searching through CLs in the area at the moment. Don't need two
pitches as not proposing to use awning. Also footprint of motor caravan
is only just outside normal car bay.

The ones you mentioned I've looked at. Ashfield entrance is on street
view and although the initial entrance is straight it is followed by a
right turn into the field which seems a bit tight.

Bank Top Farm and Cliff Top farm are on my list to ring tomorrow.
Couldn't get a clear view of Bank Top on streetview. The initial
entrance is OK but then what happens?
Have you been to The Howard, Rosedale Abbey. They warn of steep gradient
and hump back bridge above Cropton but it doesn't seem too bad on
streetview.
--
hugh
Old September 10th 11, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David[_16_]

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , David
writes

Yes I'm searching through CLs in the area at the moment. Don't need two
pitches as not proposing to use awning. Also footprint of motor caravan is
only just outside normal car bay.

I thought the Motor home would be on a pitch then the caravan on another
thus 2 pitches, are you saying it is treated like a car? Would have thought
the CC rules on safety space between caravans would apply.
I had guessed also a large party of you.

Access well any of them I would ask the owners of any of them.

Hope you go on OK.

Old September 10th 11, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , David
writes

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , David
writes

Yes I'm searching through CLs in the area at the moment. Don't need
two pitches as not proposing to use awning. Also footprint of motor
caravan is only just outside normal car bay.

I thought the Motor home would be on a pitch then the caravan on
another thus 2 pitches, are you saying it is treated like a car?

I'm treating it like a car
Would have thought the CC rules on safety space between caravans would
apply.

Hadn't thought of that. Haven't seen it applied before
I had guessed also a large party of you.

Nope, just me, my wife and the 2 dogs

Access well any of them I would ask the owners of any of them.

Goodle maps sat view and street view are proving very useful
Hope you go on OK.

I've now identified 4 in the area which look OK. I'll be ringing round
tomorrow.
Thanks for your help David

--
hugh