Carver waterpump

Old September 12th 11, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tim[_7_]

Default Carver waterpump

Unbelievably the spigot on my old carver submersible pump snapped off
clean to the body rendering the whole thing useless although pump was
still running ok.So quite a frustrating weekend at the cl carting
water into the van by hand from the barrel. Went to a local caravan
dealer where they had complete pump/hose/connector sets for a miserly
48.50!!!
I have started to search for a cheaper alternative but need to know
what flow rate the replacement should be and also one that will fit
into the barrel neck (some pumps seem to be 48mm which i suspect is
going to be a tight fit. We use one of the larger aquarolls and one of
the original smaller ones) Our van is a 97 bailey 2 berth ranger .
Any one know what the original pump spec was and/or know of a suitable
replacement pump or indeed hose connector unit??
Tks
Old September 12th 11, 02:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David[_15_]

"Tim" wrote in message

Unbelievably the spigot on my old carver submersible pump snapped off
clean to the body rendering the whole thing useless although pump was
still running ok.So quite a frustrating weekend at the cl carting
water into the van by hand from the barrel. Went to a local caravan
dealer where they had complete pump/hose/connector sets for a miserly
48.50!!!
I have started to search for a cheaper alternative but need to know
what flow rate the replacement should be and also one that will fit
into the barrel neck (some pumps seem to be 48mm which i suspect is
going to be a tight fit. We use one of the larger aquarolls and one of
the original smaller ones) Our van is a 97 bailey 2 berth ranger .
Any one know what the original pump spec was and/or know of a suitable
replacement pump or indeed hose connector unit??

Well mine on my Bailey 2003 is a Whale one. The original failed so Whale
replaced it, they told me many had failed, but I was not to worry the
replacement was of higher power and not the same.
So I suggest to you not to worry about if power the same or not.
As regards barrel diameter, I bought new Aqua Rolls then was told new
fittings with the larger opening can be bought, think it was at B&Q.
If my pump were to fail I would buy a pump on its own and fit it. Think I
would buy off the Internet, say Ebay.