Insurance Companies any recommendations ?

Old October 13th 11, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff[_4_]

Default Insurance Companies any recommendations ?

Need to insure our new van, can anyone recommend a good firm or advice
of ones to avoid ?

(Caravan club premium appears to be three times more then the fist
offereings found via Google)

--

Cheers, Geoff.
Old October 13th 11, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lunar475

The Caravan Club comes out very well for us, certainly as far as 'van insurance is concerned, although they, like it seems all insurers, took the proverbial **** when renewal time came around this year so they lost our business.
Try 'phoning for a quote, by the time vaious discounts are applied for security devices etc etc you could be pleasantly surprised - we were.
Old October 13th 11, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Geoff
writes
Need to insure our new van, can anyone recommend a good firm or advice
of ones to avoid ?

(Caravan club premium appears to be three times more then the fist
offereings found via Google)

I'm with AXA via Safeguard. They (AXA) were brilliant when my van was
washed away 3 years ago. No quibbling. Paid up in full.
--
hugh
Old October 13th 11, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Woody[_3_]

"Geoff" wrote in message
Need to insure our new van, can anyone recommend a good firm or
advice
of ones to avoid ?

(Caravan club premium appears to be three times more then the
fist
offereings found via Google)

--

Cheers, Geoff.

Caravanguard based in Halifax. Nothing but compliments for them.

A colleague has recently bought a motorhome and they were less
than half any quote he had obtained thus far. He also highly
recommends them.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old October 14th 11, 12:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Miller[_3_]

"Geoff" wrote in message

Need to insure our new van, can anyone recommend a good firm or advice
of ones to avoid ?

(Caravan club premium appears to be three times more then the fist
offereings found via Google)

--

Cheers, Geoff.

I've used NFU for a while now. Had one claim which was efficiently and
promptly settled. Well pleased.

John M

Old October 14th 11, 08:47 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff[_4_]

Thanks for your comments chaps.

NFU have never liked our postcode for some reason, always been more
expensive when they have quoted for the 4x4's, Caravan Guard quoted
nearly as much as the Caravan Club which was ?100 more then the best
quote I've had which is from http://www.simplecaravaninsurance.co.uk

Has anyone had any dealings with them ?

--

Cheers, Geoff.