TV in caravans

Old February 5th 12, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Howard Morgan

Default TV in caravans

I've got a flat screen TV and a digi box but I'm unable to get a picture the
caravan is a coachman Amara 640. What do I need to do with the aerial on the
roof(Only sensible answers please -I've tried to put it there already).
Many thanks

Old February 5th 12, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Howard Morgan" wrote in message

I've got a flat screen TV and a digi box but I'm unable to get a picture the
caravan is a coachman Amara 640. What do I need to do with the aerial on the
roof(Only sensible answers please -I've tried to put it there already).
Many thanks

Have you connected the aerial to the digibox?
Have you pointed the TV towards the nearest TV transmitter?
Have you switched the Aerial power on?
Have you connected the digibox to the TV?
Have you done a scan for stations on the digibox?

Old February 5th 12, 03:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Woody[_3_]

"David" wrote in message

"Howard Morgan" wrote in message

I've got a flat screen TV and a digi box but I'm unable to get
a picture the
caravan is a coachman Amara 640. What do I need to do with the
aerial on the
roof(Only sensible answers please -I've tried to put it there
already).
Many thanks

Have you connected the aerial to the digibox?
Have you pointed the TV towards the nearest TV transmitter?
Have you switched the Aerial power on?
Have you connected the digibox to the TV?
Have you done a scan for stations on the digibox?

A bit more than that.

Have you tried the TV and box on your domestic aerial to prove
that they each work and will work together?

When you move sites you will need to find a menu option called
'factory reset' or 'system default' or something similar and
select that option. The problem is that for most TVs/STBs if it
is already tuned when you do a scan it will look for 'new'
channels that it doesn't already know; if it finds channels that
it does know it will either ignore them or store them at memory
800 or above. You need to wipe the memory and refill it, which is
what the reset will do.

If there is no such option, disconnecting the aerial and doing a
scan will usually have the same effect, then recoonect and scan
again.

Question: if you have a panel TV surely it has a digital tuner
already built-in, so why do you need the external box?

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old February 5th 12, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Woody" wrote in message ...

Question: if you have a panel TV surely it has a digital tuner
already built-in, so why do you need the external box?

Sorry but I do not agree, if a new one now would most likely have a digi
tuner but an old one would be analogue only and probably a 4x3 one two mine
was.

Old February 5th 12, 04:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Woody[_3_]

"David" wrote in message

"Woody" wrote in message

Question: if you have a panel TV surely it has a digital tuner
already built-in, so why do you need the external box?

Sorry but I do not agree, if a new one now would most likely
have a digi tuner but an old one would be analogue only and
probably a 4x3 one two mine was.

Did you not notice the question mark? I was enquiring, not making
a statement.

Old February 5th 12, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Woody" wrote in message ...

"David" wrote in message

"Woody" wrote in message ...

Question: if you have a panel TV surely it has a digital tuner
already built-in, so why do you need the external box?

Sorry but I do not agree, if a new one now would most likely have a digi
tuner but an old one would be analogue only and probably a 4x3 one two
mine was.

Did you not notice the question mark? I was enquiring, not making
a statement.

Yes the last part of what you said is a question, but you preceded with "you
have a panel TV surely it has a digital tuner".
Hence my response to me you sound very certain flat TV sets have tuners
built in, I feel you are correct with the new w/s sets but not with 4x3
analogue ones.

Old February 5th 12, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , David
writes

"Howard Morgan" wrote in message

I've got a flat screen TV and a digi box but I'm unable to get a picture the
caravan is a coachman Amara 640. What do I need to do with the aerial on the
roof(Only sensible answers please -I've tried to put it there already).
Many thanks

Have you connected the aerial to the digibox?
Have you pointed the TV towards the nearest TV transmitter?
Have you switched the Aerial power on?
Have you connected the digibox to the TV?
Have you done a scan for stations on the digibox?

I think yo mean point the aerial at eh transmitter - assuming it is a
directional aerial.
Check the amplifier for the aerial is set to "High"
What do you get when yo do a channel search on the digibox?
--
hugh
Old February 5th 12, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Woody
writes
Question: if you have a panel TV surely it has a digital tuner
already built-in, so why do you need the external box?

There are lots of LCD Tvs around which did not have a freeview receiver
built in.
--
hugh
Old February 6th 12, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Howard Morgan

Many thanks to all. All sorted now. Took the advice given . connected to
home aerial and set up Digi box and then placed in caravan and adjusted the
aerial to achieve a good picture
Many thanks

"hugh" wrote in message ...

In message , David
writes

Old February 6th 12, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
KAW[_2_]

Remember that if you move the caravan to another site you'll have to
retune the digibox to pick up the signals there.