Hello - And New Thread - Static Caravans

Old February 21st 12, 12:05 PM
GeordieJac GeordieJac is offline
Junior Member

Smile Hello - And New Thread - Static Caravans

Hello Folks. I am new to the site - and hoping to glean knowledge from the experts. We are currently fundraising for a national charity (Tourettes Action) to buy a static caravan for families with children with neuro-psychiatric disabilities (including autistic disorders, Tourette Syndrome, depression etc) to enjoy holidays and short breaks. We are thinking that the Northumberland coast is going to be the most convenient location for cleaning/maintenance etc - as well as being extremely beautiful and therapeutic. I expect it will take us a year or so to raise enough money to purchase a reasonable caravan (10,000?) and also to pay site fees and maintenance costs for about 3 years (another 10,000?). Any tips on caravans, sites, etc most gratefully appreciated. Best wishes. Jac
Old February 21st 12, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
puffernutter

Default Hello - And New Thread - Static Caravans

On 21/02/2012 13:05, GeordieJac wrote:
Hello Folks. I am new to the site - and hoping to glean knowledge from
the experts. We are currently fundraising for a national charity
(Tourettes Action) to buy a static caravan for families with children
with neuro-psychiatric disabilities (including autistic disorders,
Tourette Syndrome, depression etc) to enjoy holidays and short breaks.
We are thinking that the Northumberland coast is going to be the most
convenient location for cleaning/maintenance etc - as well as being
extremely beautiful and therapeutic. I expect it will take us a year or
so to raise enough money to purchase a reasonable caravan (10,000?) and
also to pay site fees and maintenance costs for about 3 years (another
10,000?). Any tips on caravans, sites, etc most gratefully
appreciated. Best wishes. Jac

Don't!

I had a very bad experience with a very well known holiday company in
Somerset. Once the caravan gets beyond a certain age they may insist
(ours did) that you have to buy a more recent one!

You'd be better off finding a sympathetic land owner and use the money
raised for "fees" to pay for services to be installed.

I will never, ever, ever, ever get involved with static caravans again!

Cheers

Peter
Old February 22nd 12, 09:14 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
McKevvy

On Feb 21, 8:51*pm, puffernutter
wrote:
[...]

I seem to remember listening to a program on Radio 4 about a case
similar to this and I can verify what you say. The case I listened to
effectively rendered the owners of the static caravans homeless.

McK.