Best way to sell an elderly caravan?

Old February 22nd 12, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Mills[_2_]

Default Best way to sell an elderly caravan?

My wife and I have reluctantly decided that it's time to give up
caravanning. Having acquired a holiday flat a couple of years ago, we
spend all our spare time there and we know that, realistically, we're
not going to be using the van again.

It's a 1991 Bailey Pageant Magenta which we have owned from new - so it
doesn't owe us a lot. It still has some life in it, and it would be nice
to find a buyer who can get some use out of it rather than sending it to
the breakers.

Bearing in mind that there's probably a limited market for 21-year-old
vans, does anyone have any sensible(!) suggestions as how best to go
about selling it?

TIA
--
Cheers,
Roger
Old February 22nd 12, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim gm4dhj ...[_2_]

Bearing in mind that there's probably a limited market for 21-year-old
vans, does anyone have any sensible(!) suggestions as how best to go about
selling it?

TIA
Cheers,
Roger

Top Gear ?...sorry......

Old February 22nd 12, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dougal

On 22/02/2012 21:54, Jim gm4dhj ... wrote:
Bearing in mind that there's probably a limited market for 21-year-old
vans, does anyone have any sensible(!) suggestions as how best to go about
selling it?

TIA
Cheers,
Roger

Top Gear ?...sorry......

A lot of them end up as paddock shelters/eating houses for the horsey
set. No need for modernity/roadworthiness etc. for that.

Does anything like that go on where you are? But I've no idea how they
might be contacted.
Old February 22nd 12, 10:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea[_3_]

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
| My wife and I have reluctantly decided that it's time to give up
| caravanning. Having acquired a holiday flat a couple of years ago, we
| spend all our spare time there and we know that, realistically, we're
| not going to be using the van again.
|
| It's a 1991 Bailey Pageant Magenta which we have owned from new - so it
| doesn't owe us a lot. It still has some life in it, and it would be nice
| to find a buyer who can get some use out of it rather than sending it to
| the breakers.
|
| Bearing in mind that there's probably a limited market for 21-year-old
| vans, does anyone have any sensible(!) suggestions as how best to go
| about selling it?
|
| TIA
| --
| Cheers,
| Roger
| ____________
| Please reply to Newsgroup. Whilst email address is valid, it is seldom
| checked.

Roger

You should have mail

--

DieSea

Old February 22nd 12, 10:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea[_3_]

"DieSea" wrote in message

| "Roger Mills" wrote in message
|| My wife and I have reluctantly decided that it's time to give up
|| caravanning. Having acquired a holiday flat a couple of years ago, we
|| spend all our spare time there and we know that, realistically, we're
|| not going to be using the van again.
|| It's a 1991 Bailey Pageant Magenta which we have owned from new - so it
|| doesn't owe us a lot. It still has some life in it, and it would be nice
|| to find a buyer who can get some use out of it rather than sending it to
|| the breakers.
|| Bearing in mind that there's probably a limited market for 21-year-old
|| vans, does anyone have any sensible(!) suggestions as how best to go
|| about selling it?
|| TIA
|| --
|| Cheers,
|| Roger
|| ____________
|| Please reply to Newsgroup. Whilst email address is valid, it is seldom
|| checked.
|
| Roger
|
| You should have mail
|
| --
|
| DieSea

PS

I'll check that mail box tomorrow lunch time

I'm looking for a small van for occasional weekend use

--

DieSea

Old February 23rd 12, 08:10 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim gm4dhj ...[_2_]

I sold my old Elddis on e-bay, I got far more for it than I weould have
dared ask if I tried to sell it through a local advert.

he should do that before Dee See gets it for free...he pays for
nothing....tee hee

Old February 25th 12, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
McKevvy

On Feb 22, 9:40*pm, Roger Mills wrote:
[...]

Your best bet is ebay at the height of the summer season.

McK.