New French breathalyser law - even if you don't drink

Old February 26th 12, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Another Dave

Default New French breathalyser law - even if you don't drink

"A new measure will soon require all foreign and local motorists in
France to carry 2 breathalyzer kits in their cars."

http://www.ferryonline.co.uk/news/20...nfr ance.html

You have been warned

Another Dave

--
Change nospam to gmx
Old February 27th 12, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 19:31:11 +0000, Another Dave
wrote:

"A new measure will soon require all foreign and local motorists in
France to carry 2 breathalyzer kits in their cars."

http://www.ferryonline.co.uk/news/20...nfr ance.html

You have been warned

Another Dave

CC made a report on this in the latest magazine and their
investigations say that it is at the moment simply under consideration
and that there is no time scale for any implementation of it. Page 42
March 2012 CC magazine
Bill Lord

e-mail messages to bill dot lord at tunshill dot co dot uk
Old February 27th 12, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Another Dave

wrote:

"A new measure will soon require all foreign and local motorists in
France to carry 2 breathalyzer kits in their cars."

http://www.ferryonline.co.uk/news/20...nfr ance.html

You have been warned

Another Dave

CC made a report on this in the latest magazine and their
investigations say that it is at the moment simply under consideration
and that there is no time scale for any implementation of it. Page 42
March 2012 CC magazine

The reference I gave (dated 23/2/2012) says it passed into law last week
- probably after the CC mag went to press.

Another Dave
--
Change nospam to gmx
Old February 27th 12, 01:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
GrahamW

wrote:

"A new measure will soon require all foreign and local motorists in
France to carry 2 breathalyzer kits in their cars."

http://www.ferryonline.co.uk/news/20...nfr ance.html

You have been warned

Another Dave

CC made a report on this in the latest magazine and their
investigations say that it is at the moment simply under consideration
and that there is no time scale for any implementation of it. Page 42
March 2012 CC magazine

The reference I gave (dated 23/2/2012) says it passed into law last week -
probably after the CC mag went to press.

Another Dave
--
Change nospam to gmx

Your link says that although the law has been passed it doesn't come into
force until July. I presume the ferry companies will be selling them (at an
inflated price) along with the booze in duty free.

Old February 27th 12, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dougal

wrote:

[...]

Surprisingly difficult to find the actual implementation date .. but I
did like this:
http://storage.canalblog.com/22/01/814472/72265601.png
Old February 27th 12, 03:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea[_3_]

"Another Dave" wrote in message
| bill lord wrote:
| On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 19:31:11 +0000, Another Dave
| wrote:
|
| "A new measure will soon require all foreign and local motorists in
| France to carry 2 breathalyzer kits in their cars."

http://www.ferryonline.co.uk/news/20...nfr ance.html

| You have been warned
|
| Another Dave
|
| CC made a report on this in the latest magazine and their
| investigations say that it is at the moment simply under consideration
| and that there is no time scale for any implementation of it. Page 42
| March 2012 CC magazine
|
| The reference I gave (dated 23/2/2012) says it passed into law last week
| - probably after the CC mag went to press.
|
| Another Dave
| --
| Change nospam to gmx

And of course the Caravan Club website was unavailable for most of the weekend

Last time I checked , this morning , it still has problems

--

DieSea

Old February 29th 12, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 16:26:57 -0000, "DieSea"
wrote:

"Another Dave" wrote in message
| bill lord wrote:
| On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 19:31:11 +0000, Another Dave
| wrote:
|
| "A new measure will soon require all foreign and local motorists in
| France to carry 2 breathalyzer kits in their cars."

http://www.ferryonline.co.uk/news/20...nfr ance.html

| You have been warned
|
| Another Dave
|
| CC made a report on this in the latest magazine and their
| investigations say that it is at the moment simply under consideration
| and that there is no time scale for any implementation of it. Page 42
| March 2012 CC magazine
|
| The reference I gave (dated 23/2/2012) says it passed into law last week
| - probably after the CC mag went to press.
|
| Another Dave
| --
| Change nospam to gmx

And of course the Caravan Club website was unavailable for most of the weekend

Last time I checked , this morning , it still has problems

CC website being down was a planned event and flagged for well over a
week in advance. They are still having problems with the late
availability page.

Old February 29th 12, 02:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea[_3_]

| And of course the Caravan Club website was unavailable for most of the weekend
|
| Last time I checked , this morning , it still has problems
|
| CC website being down was a planned event and flagged for well over a
| week in advance. They are still having problems with the late
| availability page.
| Bill Lord
| I've taken a vow of poverty To annoy me send money
|
| e-mail messages to bill dot lord at tunshill dot co dot uk
| ( Get rid of the spaces and use symbols for the hyphen at and dots )

But a good time to "Have it down"

Over a weekend ( busy time ) !!!

When I was a gopher in the IT department of a holiday company the only time the
mainframe went down was at slack periods

They knew precisely when those would be

It meant some horrible hours

But the rewards were free insurance and cheap flights

Never did get to France last year . a christening got in the way

This year its a wedding ;-))

--

DieSea

Old February 29th 12, 03:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 15:43:36 -0000, "DieSea"
wrote:

But a good time to "Have it down"

Over a weekend ( busy time ) !!!

But no staff in twiddling their thumbs and getting paid to do nothing.
It is swings and roundabouts Dave, the website is most in use by their
staff so they pick times when no staff need to use it.

Old February 29th 12, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jimbo....

But the rewards were free insurance and cheap flights

see? dee see pays for nothing ........