Replacement Fridge

Old March 9th 12, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default Replacement Fridge

My Thetford N90 fridge in my Bailey 2003 always needs repair clean etc each
year and fails during the year fed up of it.
Googleing the faults on this fridge quickly reveal pots of people have same
faults and never get solutions.
This model does not appear to be available now, anyone found a replacement
if they changed theirs?
Are there other makes that fit with little or no modifications?
They are not cheap best places to buy?

Old March 11th 12, 07:33 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
thesimpsons

"David" wrote in message
My Thetford N90 fridge in my Bailey 2003 always needs repair clean etc
each year and fails during the year fed up of it.
Googleing the faults on this fridge quickly reveal pots of people have
same faults and never get solutions.
This model does not appear to be available now, anyone found a replacement
if they changed theirs?
Are there other makes that fit with little or no modifications?
They are not cheap best places to buy?

I've just spent 243 having my 4 year old Thetford repaired.
It's the one with electronic controls. In my opinion avoid these like the
plague as when the electonics fail you have no way of selecting either
batt/gas input.
Any further problems and I'll change it for one with manual controls even
if this proves an expensive option.
Fred

Old March 11th 12, 12:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"thesimpsons" wrote in message ...

I've just spent 243 having my 4 year old Thetford repaired.
It's the one with electronic controls. In my opinion avoid these like the
plague as when the electonics fail you have no way of selecting either
batt/gas input.
Any further problems and I'll change it for one with manual controls even
if this proves an expensive option.
Fred

Thanks for that advice.
243 to repair, shame not like domestic fridges with careful buying you
might well get 2 domestic ones for that money, no wonder we do not get
domestic equipment repaired.
My N90 is manual batt/gas/mains selection.
Problem with mine is out of its cupboard it works perfectly, put back in it
doesn't!

Old March 11th 12, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , David
writes

"thesimpsons" wrote in message ...

I've just spent 243 having my 4 year old Thetford repaired.
It's the one with electronic controls. In my opinion avoid these like the
plague as when the electonics fail you have no way of selecting either
batt/gas input.
Any further problems and I'll change it for one with manual controls even
if this proves an expensive option.
Fred

Thanks for that advice.
243 to repair, shame not like domestic fridges with careful buying you
might well get 2 domestic ones for that money, no wonder we do not get
domestic equipment repaired.
My N90 is manual batt/gas/mains selection.
Problem with mine is out of its cupboard it works perfectly, put back
in it doesn't!

I had an intermittent problem with mine - faulty connector in the wiring
loom underneath the fridge.
--
hugh