Winter sites near Calais.

Old December 27th 03, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Al Stevenson

Default Winter sites near Calais.

Sorry, but I have lost my CC European book and the new one is not out as
yet, but I am needing a campsite near Calais suitable for a 1 night stop
that is open all year round as I travelling to Calais shortly and want
the luxury of a site rather than the economy of an aire or Calais dock
side!

Also can someone let me know of a similar site around Rheindahlen or on
the route from Rheindahlen to Calais

Can anyone help?
--
Al Stevenson
Remove .SPAMTRAP to reply.
Old December 27th 03, 09:31 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nigel

"Al Stevenson" wrote in message
Sorry, but I have lost my CC European book and the new one is not out as
yet, but I am needing a campsite near Calais suitable for a 1 night stop
that is open all year round as I travelling to Calais shortly and want
the luxury of a site rather than the economy of an aire or Calais dock
side!

Also can someone let me know of a similar site around Rheindahlen or on
the route from Rheindahlen to Calais

Can anyone help?
--
Al Stevenson
Remove .SPAMTRAP to reply.

Al:

The municipal site in Calais is open all year round (though in winter only
one of the toilet/washroom blocks is open and it operates as unisex) - we've
stayed there a few times for ovenights in winter - nothing special but quite
adequate for a night. Located by the shore overlooking the port entrance.
Signposted from town.

Address: Avenue Raymond Poincarré 62100 CALAIS tel: (0033) 3 21 97 89 79

Easy to walk into Calais for a meal.

Hope this helps.

Nigel.

Old December 27th 03, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Doc

"Al Stevenson" asked:
snip.. I am needing a campsite near Calais suitable for a 1 night stop
that is open all year round as I travelling to Calais shortly and want
the luxury of a site rather than the economy of an aire or Calais dock
side!

Also can someone let me know of a similar site around Rheindahlen or on
the route from Rheindahlen to Calais

---***----
Hi Al,

Could it be that you are visiting Herr Joeressen and bringing back a Knaus
or Hobby caravan?
That's the only reason for wanting a site round there that I can think of.
{;-)

There are no sites around Reindahlen as far as I and F-J Joeressen know; I
asked him!

There is a site at Aachen, I believe, but I stayed at a site in Eupen,
Belgium about 40 miles away.
There are three there; I stayed at one called An der Hill, [87-74 4617].
It's quite small, but the guy speaks some English. There is a larger site
called Camping Hertogenwald [87-74 32 22] and another called Camping
Wasertal [87-55 59 61] but I don't really know about them.

I've stayed at sites at Guines and at Ardres outside Calais, but they're not
open all year, AFAIK. There's one at Coudekerque 6km from Dunkerque which
is listed as 'permanent' (open all year) in the Michelin Guide. 'phone (0)3
28 61 04 41. I often stay at a 'permanent' site in Montreuil-sur-Mer, but
this is 70km South of Calais, so not very convenient for your purpose.

If you are getting a 'van in Germany, best of luck and let us know how it
goes. Got my Hobby there in 2002.

Cheers, Doc.