It's a beautiful morning!

Old December 27th 03, 09:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

Default It's a beautiful morning!

And we're having a lovely Christmas at home.

But the weather is so good I have a yearning to be outdoors. Can't do it
because yet more grandchildren are coming today, they'll want to sleep in
the caravan so we'll have to clear it.

I always said we'd never use it for storage but it's so tempting ...

Sorry, this is a nothing post! I wanted to share my pleasure with someone
who'd understand.

Mary

Old December 27th 03, 09:29 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Mary Fisher posted ...

And we're having a lovely Christmas at home.

Heheheh, we're getting ready for a short trip tomorrow .. we're
'off-roading' the Landrover, so we're giving it a bit of a service etc ..

But the weather is so good I have a yearning to be outdoors. Can't do
it because yet more grandchildren are coming today, they'll want to
sleep in the caravan so we'll have to clear it.

I always said we'd never use it for storage but it's so tempting ...

We thought of using it for presents, but didn't need to ..

Sorry, this is a nothing post! I wanted to share my pleasure with
someone who'd understand.

Hope you had a great Christmas and hope you alos have a great New Year ..

In fact Happy New Year to all on the group, hope it's prosperous and
troll-free for 2004 ..

--
Paul

Old December 27th 03, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 10:13:33 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

| And we're having a lovely Christmas at home.
|
| But the weather is so good I have a yearning to be outdoors.

The Beeb News24 Weather forcast says it will be fine till Wednesday.
I had the same thought, but the CC&C sites will be full.

Dave F
Old December 27th 03, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Helen K

Best wishes to all, and yes I understand Mary. I'm having friends for lunch
tomorrow, but my sister and her husband are off tomorrow in their campervan
with their 5 year old. They haven't booked but are ever the optimists about
getting a pitch somewhere.

I'll be away as soon as I can after I get rid of a slight chest infection.

Cheers Helen K

Old December 27th 03, 12:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Dew

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
And we're having a lovely Christmas at home.

But the weather is so good I have a yearning to be outdoors. Can't do it
because yet more grandchildren are coming today, they'll want to sleep in
the caravan so we'll have to clear it.

I always said we'd never use it for storage but it's so tempting ...

Sorry, this is a nothing post! I wanted to share my pleasure with someone
who'd understand.

Mary

We understand you Mary and nice to hear it. One son and daughter still
here. It will be quiet again by Tuesday when I shall have to sort out the
caravan. It has made a useful spare bed and we have used the fridge over
the holiday.
Apart from the socks and tie Santa brought me a pair of miniature
binoculars, a bottle of Lagavulin, a bottle of The Balvenie and a Famouse
Grouse. Oh and a packet of Post It notes. Should keep me quiet in the
evening for a few days.
I am doing a curried leftover turkey tonight but I won't crosspost this to
uk food and drink :-)

Regards.

Old December 27th 03, 03:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

wrote:

Sorry, this is a nothing post! I wanted to share my pleasure with someone
who'd understand.

Nothing to be sorry for, we all appreciate beautiful mornings. Sadly
it didn't last round here, back to grey clouds and brass monkey
weather.

(remove the spam to reply)
Old December 27th 03, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Margaret

Default Thankyou Mary!!

Thanks for the lovely to hear letter that I have just read. I am glad that
you are having a lovely Christmas, it was so nice to read a posting without
trolls and bad language. My grandson used to read the postings with me but
of late I would not let him near. What has happened to this group? Where
have all the NICE PEOPLE gone? I read your postings with interest as you
keep us up to date with what is happening and also give us ideas or problems
which most people come across. Thanks again Mary, keep up the good work.

--
Margaret

Old December 27th 03, 04:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
M.H. Greaves.

y're a lucky so and so! All i've had to eat over the festive period is
scrambled eggs because my ulcer burst on xmas eve, its been hell, tried to
get a doc' app' but no luck, and they wouldnt send one out to me! s'pose
i'll have to wait ti'll i'm on the slab before they'll come, and then he'll
just tell me to take an anadin or something!!
Couldnt keep anything down, or in, it just went straight through, and so
have been surviving on scrambled egg, and warm lemonade, that seems to
settle!
Still enjoy your turkey sarnies and xmas leftovers, i'm enjoying the
strangled egg!!
merry xmas folks!

Old December 27th 03, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lee_D

"Margaret" wrote in message
Where
have all the NICE PEOPLE gone? I read your postings with interest as you
keep us up to date with what is happening and also give us ideas or

problems
which most people come across. Thanks again Mary, keep up the good work.

--
Margaret

I'm sure they are still here, just busy and that. I've set my filters now to
overcome the recent invasion and the NG is looking good again.

Now looking forward to planning some touring , having just cut our Rally
teeth on the Local centres Christmas special (North Staffs) was made very
welcome and had a great time even thought the weather was a little on the
damp chilly side.

Can't wait for some more sun shine now :-)

Lee D

--
www.lrproject.com

Old December 27th 03, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tim Pace

I'm still here, well at least until Tuesday when we are off to the Lakes in
the Van, hope everyone had a good one and here's to blue skies and an open
road in 2004.

--
Tim Pace
Needing someone is like needing a parachute. If they aren't there the