Can we not get back to this being about CARAVANNING

Old December 28th 03, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gerry McKenzie

Default Can we not get back to this being about CARAVANNING

It would appear that there are still a few readers who feel that this
group is for caravanning.
I used to read these pages with interest and enjoyment, my concern
being that if your address appears to advertise then scorn is laid at
your door and the content of your comment or request is ignored.
Is it not time, that like some of the recent readers have said, that
our children should be able to view these pages without fear of
embarrassment. Let us try to use these pages for what they were
intended "CARAVANNING"
Surely there are hundreds of sites that weird users could use, why
dont you do the decent thing and stop polluting a decnt activity and
join some platform to peddle your views.
Hoping for an idiot free site in the new year with helpful information
on caravanning.
Best wishes for the New Year to all true followers
Old December 28th 03, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On 28 Dec 2003 04:07:37 -0800,
(Gerry McKenzie) wrote:

It would appear that there are still a few readers who feel that this
group is for caravanning.
I used to read these pages with interest and enjoyment, my concern
being that if your address appears to advertise then scorn is laid at
your door and the content of your comment or request is ignored.
Is it not time, that like some of the recent readers have said, that
our children should be able to view these pages without fear of
embarrassment. Let us try to use these pages for what they were
intended "CARAVANNING"
Surely there are hundreds of sites that weird users could use, why
dont you do the decent thing and stop polluting a decnt activity and
join some platform to peddle your views.
Hoping for an idiot free site in the new year with helpful information
on caravanning.
Best wishes for the New Year to all true followers

It looks like many people have had the same thoughts as you over the
past week or so. It's been so pleasant seeing the number of people
posting here again and so many threads that are worth reading. I
presume that most people have now sorted out how to eliminate the
dross that has been pouring in. It's difficult to stop it being sent
but easy to remove, it's like a lot of the post that arrives one look
and it gets put in the round file and is then recycled with the rest
of the rubbish.
Best wishes for the New Year.

(remove the spam to reply)
Old December 28th 03, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Gerry McKenzie" wrote in message
om...
It would appear that there are still a few readers who feel that this
group is for caravanning.

There are lots of us.

I used to read these pages with interest and enjoyment, my concern
being that if your address appears to advertise then scorn is laid at
your door and the content of your comment or request is ignored.

I've never had that experience from the reliable 'members' of the group.
Whenever I've asked for an answer to a problem or a question it's been
forthcoming - sometimes in large quantities!

Whenever I've been able to advise a genuine enuirer or new poster I've done
so - albeit not very often. I'm not a 'normal' caravanner although we have
two caravans and use them.

Is it not time, that like some of the recent readers have said, that
our children should be able to view these pages without fear of
embarrassment. Let us try to use these pages for what they were
intended "CARAVANNING"

As with all internet - and other - activities I believe that children should
be supervised. Any parent can easily familiarise him/herself with what's
unsuitable on Usenet from subject lines and posters' "names". Those threads
can be deleted without opening them, leaving screens sanitised.

Of course they'll be infected during and after a session but it's much
easier to delete silly posts before they're seen than it is to control what
children see on television.

Surely there are hundreds of sites that weird users could use, why
dont you do the decent thing and stop polluting a decnt activity and
join some platform to peddle your views.

There's no point in pleading with them, they have no sense of
responsibility. They probably never read anything sensible anyway. Save your
words for asking and answering questions and joining in the often
lighthearted banter which abounds in urc as in all the best ngs.

Don't go away but stay in control of your own pc and life, don't let fools
disturb them.

Mary

Old December 28th 03, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim Crawford

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message

". They probably never read anything sensible anyway. "

Mary

Neither can they write anything sensible Mary

Jim

Old December 28th 03, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dennis Freshwater

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 12:14:46 +0000, Dave Fawthrop wrote:

Snip
Many have said this before, but use your killfile, it is not difficult.
See http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile

Also remember that they often change their posting addresses, evading the
killfile again, so also use a rule to block all cross-posted messages.
Since I did that I've blocked virtually all of the background 'noise' and
find the newsgroup pleasant to read again.

Dennis
***Remove XZY to reply***

Old December 29th 03, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Parry

In ,
Dave Fawthrop fumbled, fiddled and
fingered:
On 28 Dec 2003 04:07:37 -0800,

(Gerry McKenzie) wrote:

[...]

can you also stop responding to them Dave as the only time I see
some posts is when you respond to tell them they're *plonked* )

--
Steve Parry

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

http://wrexhamseals.tripod.com

Old December 29th 03, 04:34 PM posted to demon.local,uk.media.dvd,uk.rec.caravanning
Philanthropist Kyle

Gerry McKenzie vomited Can we not get back to this being about
CARAVANNING onto my velour:

It would appear that there are still a few readers who feel that this
group is for caravanning.

Not me. It's for discussing me! MEMMEMEMEMEME!

I used to read these pages with interest and enjoyment,

Christ, you must get bored easily.

my concern
being that if your address appears to advertise then scorn is laid at
your door and the content of your comment or request is ignored.

It's those hitlers like Fawthrop innit. Think they rule the place.

Is it not time, that like some of the recent readers have said, that
our children should be able to view these pages without fear of
embarrassment. Let us try to use these pages for what they were
intended "CARAVANNING"

In capitals?

Surely there are hundreds of sites that weird users could use,

I know, but Fawthrop won't listen.

why
dont you do the decent thing and stop polluting a decnt activity and
join some platform to peddle your views.
Hoping for an idiot free site in the new year with helpful information
on caravanning.
Best wishes for the New Year to all true followers

--

Phil K.

http://philkyle.thrill.to

Old December 29th 03, 04:35 PM posted to demon.local,uk.media.dvd,uk.rec.caravanning
Philanthropist Kyle

Steve Parry vomited Can we not get back to this being about CARAVANNING
onto my velour:

(Gerry McKenzie) wrote:

[...]

PAHAHAHA! Dave you pillock. You managed to ruin ULY now you're ruining
UK* in it's entirety. What would we do without you. Good show.

--

Phil K.

http://philkyle.thrill.to

Old December 29th 03, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Jim Crawford" wrote in message

". They probably never read anything sensible anyway. "

Mary

Neither can they write anything sensible Mary

You've looked?

:-)

Mary

Jim