Looking for a camp site...

Old December 28th 03, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default Looking for a camp site...

Hi, can you help my in my search for the impossible?!

I am looking for a site either in the grounds of, or a very short walk from
a "traditional" (ramparts, drawbridge, moat etc) castle. I have two young
children who have recently become very interested in "traditional" castles!

Ideally within a two hour drive from Bristol.

Does such a thing exist?

Frazer

Old December 29th 03, 03:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob Edwards

"F" wrote in message
Hi, can you help my in my search for the impossible?!

I am looking for a site either in the grounds of, or a very short walk

from
a "traditional" (ramparts, drawbridge, moat etc) castle. I have two young
children who have recently become very interested in "traditional"

castles!

Ideally within a two hour drive from Bristol.

Does such a thing exist?

Frazer

You ought to head for Wales then. Fantastic castle at Manorbier just west
of Tenby - best site near there is:

TUDOR GLEN CARAVAN PARK
JAMESTON TENBY - SA70 7SS
tel: 01834 871417

and the best castle in the area is:
http://www.pembrokecastle.co.uk/home.htm

There is a CC site at Freshwater East 01646 672341 which is about half way
between Manorbier and Prembroke - about 2 1/2 hours from Bristol I would
say.

Bob

---

Old December 29th 03, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

You ought to head for Wales then. Fantastic castle at Manorbier just west
of Tenby - best site near there is:

TUDOR GLEN CARAVAN PARK
JAMESTON TENBY - SA70 7SS
tel: 01834 871417

and the best castle in the area is:
http://www.pembrokecastle.co.uk/home.htm

There is a CC site at Freshwater East 01646 672341 which is about half way
between Manorbier and Prembroke - about 2 1/2 hours from Bristol I would
say.

Bob

Cheers Bob, I received a reply directly recommending the same, so I will
make the trip this spring.

Thanks, Frazer

Old December 29th 03, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nick Palmer

"F" wrote in message ...
Hi, can you help my in my search for the impossible?!

I am looking for a site either in the grounds of, or a very short walk from
a "traditional" (ramparts, drawbridge, moat etc) castle. I have two young
children who have recently become very interested in "traditional" castles!

Ideally within a two hour drive from Bristol.

Does such a thing exist?

Frazer

Hi,

The best place has to be Warwick. The castle is superb (make sure you
devote a whole day to it and "do" the grounds), and there is a caravan
club site in the centre of the racecourse on the edge of the town
centre (with a golf course as well!). You can walk to the castle in
about 10 mins through a delightful town centre (lots of nice pubs and
places to eat). Last time we went there was a small race meeting on
the sunday and we watched a few races before we left! Access is easy
from the M40/A46/A429 junction.

I hope this helps. Happy new year

Nick