SITES NEAR KNEBWORTH

Old July 14th 03, 07:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve

Default SITES NEAR KNEBWORTH

Can anybody recommend good sites near to Knebworth House for 1st August time
(OK so I know it's a bit late to be booking - I forgot !)

Cheers

Steve

Old July 14th 03, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Pat Joyce

"Steve" wrote in message
Can anybody recommend good sites near to Knebworth House for 1st August

time
(OK so I know it's a bit late to be booking - I forgot !)

Cheers

Steve

There's a CC site in the lovely village of Ashwell, near Baldock, Herts.
It's about 8-10 miles north of Knebworth.
The site is Ashridge Farm, tel; 01462 742 527. The CC wardens are Fred and
Diane.

Old July 14th 03, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
CampinGazz

"Steve" wrote in message
Can anybody recommend good sites near to Knebworth House for 1st August

time
(OK so I know it's a bit late to be booking - I forgot !)

Hmm, and how long have you had the robbie convert tickets?

i must admit my GF is the same, they bought the tickets the day the came
out.. not long after they were all sold, and now go on ebay for stupid
ammounts of money,
But she's only just thought about how they are going to get there, a 4 hour
journey then having to find somewhere to park up (not easy as anyone who's
been to stevenage will tell you, it was murder for me trying to find a
parking area to fix a split leak off pipe i had on the van 2 weeks ago) is
not an option,

So it looks like i'll be taking her and her mates down there on the day, not
that that's gonna be fun, with half a million other people doing the same,
she thought about booking a hotel for the night.. wouldent believe me when i
said they'd have been booked up months ago.. sure enough, that weekend they
are all booked and have been since march/april time, so i'd imagine the
caravan sites are too, but then you have to get to knebworth house from
where ever you are staying... remembering the car parking situation on a
normal day, i wouldent even attempt it.

Old July 15th 03, 08:54 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve

"Pat Joyce" wrote ....
There's a CC site in the lovely village of Ashwell, near Baldock, Herts.
It's about 8-10 miles north of Knebworth.
The site is Ashridge Farm, tel; 01462 742 527. The CC wardens are Fred and
Diane.

Thanks I'll give it a whirl

Steve

Old July 15th 03, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ali

she thought about booking a hotel for the night.. wouldent believe me when
said they'd have been booked up months ago.. sure enough, that weekend

they
are all booked and have been since march/april time, so i'd imagine the
caravan sites are too, but then you have to get to knebworth house from
where ever you are staying... remembering the car parking situation on a
normal day, i wouldent even attempt it.

Hey, not a prob, we can all go and stay in Steve's caravan, right!

Ali

Old July 15th 03, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve

"Ali" wrote....
Hey, not a prob, we can all go and stay in Steve's caravan, right!

Ali

Yeah sure - there're already 4 in the van and two in the awning so another
30 or so will make for a really great night...just bring loads of beer and
food for the BBQ on Saturday. Only two problems.....need a site
first.....and gates will probably be locked after 9pm or something silly so
we might have to walk to the van from the gates to the site after the
concert !

Let me know numbers for the booking ! (when I find a site)