Late ferry into Caen, somewhere to stop?

Old December 29th 03, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nick Palmer

Default Late ferry into Caen, somewhere to stop?

I've just booked a trip to France next summer and will be arriving at
Caen ferry terminal at 22:00. Does anyone know if it is possible to
stop the night at the port, or is there a service area on a road south
that can be recommended? We will be heading towards Le Mans.

Have a Happy new year.
Old December 29th 03, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stuart Bell

Nick Palmer wrote:

I've just booked a trip to France next summer and will be arriving at
Caen ferry terminal at 22:00. Does anyone know if it is possible to
stop the night at the port, or is there a service area on a road south
that can be recommended? We will be heading towards Le Mans.

I once left early morning from there, and parked with a caravan in the
car park just short of the terminal, as did many others, with no
problems. But it was about 5 years ago, and things change.

Stuart
--
Spamfritterspam exists only in the world of the address
harvesting spam bot. Try stuartsmacs at the same domain
Old December 30th 03, 11:10 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sigmund

"Stuart Bell" wrote in message
pex.com...
Nick Palmer wrote:

I've just booked a trip to France next summer and will be arriving at
Caen ferry terminal at 22:00. Does anyone know if it is possible to
stop the night at the port, or is there a service area on a road south
that can be recommended? We will be heading towards Le Mans.

If you go here
http://www.caen.port.fr/web/quais/tr...menu=transmanc
he&include=sommaire_quais_uk.php&img=bandeau_trans manche_1&img2=bandeau_tran
smanche_2&css1=lsf&css21=lsf

and click on 'Map of the quays' you'll see where the ferry docks (just below
the word 'Transmanche' on the map). Click on 'Aerial photo' to orient
things with the map. You'll see where vehicles line up. Don't know if this
helps much but at least it gives you something to study. Sorry for the long
link above. If it doesn't work go to
http://www.caen.port.fr/web/index_uk.php and click on 'Quays'.
Finally, why not ask the people there? Click on 'Communicate' and email
them. I'd be interested in their answer as I may use Caen myself later in
the year, though I doubt I'll need an overnight stop.