river dart

Old December 30th 03, 04:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
vicki

Default river dart

Thinking of going to the River Dart caravan site in Devon next summer.Has
anyone been there?.If so what did you think?

Old December 30th 03, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
M.H. Greaves.

Dunno if i'm on about the same site, but;
Its in the small town of totnes i believe, nice little town, but not very
large, the site is all flat and about 100yds from the river, its easy to get
to, when you reach the end of the M5 go onto the A30, to the totnes signs,
do not go to Paignton, as its a pretty busy road. The site is just over a
bridge, and the first turn on the right, and around the corner.
If you decide to go to paignton, i found it easier to park at the station
car parks as the ones in the town are allways busy.
Like i say i hope i'm talking about the same place

Old January 22nd 04, 08:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Frank Smith

"vicki" wrote in message
Thinking of going to the River Dart caravan site in Devon next summer.Has
anyone been there?.If so what did you think?

If you want a site near to Dartmouth itself try Little Cotton Caravan Park
which is at the top of the town next to the Park and Ride Bus Station. I
have used this for years. There is no play area for children but the toilet
block is one of the best I have seen and that includes those of the Caravan
Club. There is a small shop on the site. It is run by the son of the farmer
who owned the land. Great site and very convenient for the River Dart and
the seaside.

Frank

Old January 22nd 04, 11:17 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

"Frank Smith" wrote in
:

Thinking of going to the River Dart caravan site in Devon next
summer.Has anyone been there?.If so what did you think?

If you want a site near to Dartmouth itself try Little Cotton Caravan
Park which is at the top of the town next to the Park and Ride Bus
Station. I have used this for years. There is no play area for
children but the toilet block is one of the best I have seen and that
includes those of the Caravan Club. There is a small shop on the site.
It is run by the son of the farmer who owned the land. Great site and
very convenient for the River Dart and the seaside.

I think this depends on what the OP wants. River Dart Adventures is an
outdoor pursuit center that happens to have a "four-star" campsite
attached (see http://www.riverdart.co.uk/). This site featured in one of
the episodes of "Caravanning Sights" and those interviewed in that show
appeared to love it.

If you want to go rock-climbing, canoeing, etc. then it makes sense to
stay on-site at the adventure centre. Otherwise, there are excellent
campsites near the River Dart, including Little Cotton. That said, the
Dartmoor National Park doesn't allow trailer caravans on the high moor,
so upstream sites are out for trailer caravans.

HTH,

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK
Old January 25th 04, 03:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
fillfillfillfillfillfillphiphilphhihihlfgllf kyryrryekle

Frank Smith retched river dart onto my recliner:

"vicki" wrote in message
Thinking of going to the River Dart caravan site in Devon next summer.Has
anyone been there?.If so what did you think?

If you want a site near to Dartmouth itself try Little Cotton Caravan Park
which is at the top of the town next to the Park and Ride Bus Station. I
have used this for years. There is no play area for children but the toilet
block is one of the best I have seen and that includes those of the Caravan
Club. There is a small shop on the site. It is run by the son of the farmer
who owned the land. Great site and very convenient for the River Dart and
the seaside.

Frank

I love a good toilet block. Unless it's because I've had a particularly
stubborn steak and kidney pie.

--

Phil K.

http://philkyle2003.reachme.at/

Old January 25th 04, 03:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
fillfillfillfillfillfillphiphilphhihihlfgllf kyryrryekle

Geoff Lane retched river dart onto my recliner:

"Frank Smith" wrote in
:

[...]

Hello Geoff. Remember me?

Old January 25th 04, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Office Kibble

Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip retched river dart onto my recliner:

The Lord alerted my mind to the presence of this EVIL article by Office
Kibble, and I thusly replied:

Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip retched river dart onto my recliner:

The Lord alerted my mind to the presence of this EVIL article by
fillfillfillfillfillfillphiphilphhihihlfgllf kyryrryekle, and I thusly
replied:

[...]

Tell us all how you two met.

Well, it was a long long long long long long long long time ago and
basically Geoff didn't like me for some reason. He then attempted to get
help by posting a message here
http://news.spamcop.net/pipermail/sp...st/041078.html
which resulted in zero replies, obviously. However, I forgive Geoff for
his *******ness. Not.

LOL. A marriage made in heaven, evidently!

No, my heart is reserved for PMD TEH SEXY UBER TROLL!