Hawarden, Wales

Old December 31st 03, 02:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bev Dickinson

Default Hawarden, Wales

Hello;
We are looking for a small site near to Hawarden over the Easter w/e, has
anyone any suggestions.

We are two families, 2 caravans, 4 kids, 2 dogs and 4 adults. We don't
need anything too fancy, just hook-ups and disposal.

We are all members of the Caravan Club, so CL's are fine.

Thanks in advance.

Bev

Old December 31st 03, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
smiler

"Bev Dickinson" wrote in message
Hello;
We are looking for a small site near to Hawarden over the Easter w/e, has
anyone any suggestions.

We are two families, 2 caravans, 4 kids, 2 dogs and 4 adults. We don't
need anything too fancy, just hook-ups and disposal.

We are all members of the Caravan Club, so CL's are fine.

Thanks in advance.

Bev

Two come to mind, although it is about three years since we visited

2003/2004 cc book p 279 left hand column

1) Lyon at Dunham Hill

Site entrance not so good for large outfits, according to spiel in the book
possible a few improvements.

2) Siddorn Higher ferry

a bit more space, adjacent to riding stables, when we were there with
grandchildren nice child minded horsey people.
If I remember correctly there is a bit of cowboys and indians woodland
adjacent.

Was used as a base for workers who move vans off at weekends.

Short distance to river, nip across bridge on bike for a quick shop.
Convenient for a whatever the collective noun is for Currys, halfords etc is
and kwiksave.

Also near to a Park and Ride for Chester (For general info Chester has 4
P&R and they have taken security seriously)

I'd go for this.

--
Cheers

Smiler