CARAVAN - Elldis Avante 475

Old January 1st 04, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
kevin rowe

Default CARAVAN - Elldis Avante 475

Hi all...I am thinking of buying a 2003 model - Elldis Avante 475 as a
friend of mine who bought it from new in August is forced to sell for one
reason and another.

Can anyone offer me info on whether this/these are good vans for a family of
4 (2 adults and 2 kiddies aged 8 and 10).

Also i have a Mondeo 2.O si (1996)....is this capable of doing the deed
comfortably...i understand the van is 995 empty...and the Mondy i believe is
1281.

Many thanks..KR

Old January 1st 04, 08:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Rogers

"kevin rowe" wrote in message
Hi all...I am thinking of buying a 2003 model - Elldis Avante 475 as a
friend of mine who bought it from new in August is forced to sell for one
reason and another.

Can anyone offer me info on whether this/these are good vans for a family

of
4 (2 adults and 2 kiddies aged 8 and 10).

Also i have a Mondeo 2.O si (1996)....is this capable of doing the deed
comfortably...i understand the van is 995 empty...and the Mondy i believe

is
1281.

Many thanks..KR

By the time you load up the caravan your going to have a towing ratio of
virtually 1:1.
Nowhere near enough of a margin for safety for me or the law. You may even
struggle towing. I would think again.

Harry