satalite

Old January 2nd 04, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Terry Jones

Default satalite

does any one know if you can still get channels down in spain and portugal
with a free card l,m going in feb cheers all terry

Old January 2nd 04, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Terry Jones" wrote in message
does any one know if you can still get channels down in spain and portugal
with a free card l,m going in feb cheers all terry

Yes , but a bigger dish needed for BBC stations.
Ask your question in alt.satellite.tv.europe

Please reply to News Group.

Old January 3rd 04, 06:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 22:55:29 -0000, "David" wrote:

| "Terry Jones" wrote in message
| does any one know if you can still get channels down in spain and portugal
| with a free card l,m going in feb cheers all terry
|

| Yes , but a bigger dish needed for BBC stations.
| Ask your question in alt.satellite.tv.europe

or uk.tech.digital-tv

Dave F

Old January 3rd 04, 09:02 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Pleavin

I am off to Vinaros and La Manga in February also, but am advised by friends
already there that the dish needed is over a meter in size. Without that you
can only get a handful of news programmers and TCM etc. Oh, and BBC radio
also. We are taking a DVD and loads of discs as well as looking for a local
Blockbuster. Enjoy your stay.

Old January 4th 04, 12:01 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Milnes

You should not need a larger dish than you use at home as the receiving
footprint is of larger power than UK as angle is higher.

Cheers, Peter.

"Harry Pleavin" wrote in message
: I am off to Vinaros and La Manga in February also, but am advised by friends
: already there that the dish needed is over a meter in size. Without that you
: can only get a handful of news programmers and TCM etc. Oh, and BBC radio
: also. We are taking a DVD and loads of discs as well as looking for a local
: Blockbuster. Enjoy your stay.
: "Terry Jones" wrote in message
: ...
: does any one know if you can still get channels down in spain and portugal
: with a free card l,m going in feb cheers all terry
:
:
:
:

Old January 4th 04, 07:20 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 01:01:03 +0000 (UTC), "Peter Milnes"
wrote:

| You should not need a larger dish than you use at home as the receiving
| footprint is of larger power than UK as angle is higher.

The Beeb has moved to Astra 2D Footprint is.
http://www.ses-astra.com/satellites/...nts.php?sat=15

Dave F