climbing mice

Old January 3rd 04, 03:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

Default climbing mice

To follow on from the posting re mice; does anyone know if they can climb a
brick wall?
Also if the vents in the caravan floor are not near any structural frame
then surely it is not possible for them to crawl along upside down to reach
a hole.
So far we have not had any in the caravan but it is parked next to the house
and we get them in here, my wife thinks they get in through the air bricks
but I say no, even if the holes were large enough (I do not think they are)
then I do not see how they could manipulate their bodies on a vertical wall
and squeeze in the hole.

Old January 3rd 04, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Funkyman

"Stewart" wrote in message
To follow on from the posting re mice; does anyone know if they can climb

brick wall?

Yes, I have seen one scale a 6 foot wall in a flash.

Also if the vents in the caravan floor are not near any structural frame
then surely it is not possible for them to crawl along upside down to

reach
a hole.

Yes they can, they can negotiate a washing line to get a bag of nuts hanging
in the middle, just like a squirral.

So far we have not had any in the caravan but it is parked next to the

house
and we get them in here, my wife thinks they get in through the air bricks
but I say no, even if the holes were large enough (I do not think they

are)
then I do not see how they could manipulate their bodies on a vertical

wall
and squeeze in the hole.

If you can get a Biro pen in the hole a mouse can get through it too. It can
stretch it's body to nearly twice it's original length.

Welcome to the world of mice.

Dave

Old January 3rd 04, 03:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 16:37:31 -0000, "Stewart"
wrote:

| To follow on from the posting re mice; does anyone know if they can climb a
| brick wall?

Yes!

| Also if the vents in the caravan floor are not near any structural frame
| then surely it is not possible for them to crawl along upside down to reach
| a hole.
| So far we have not had any in the caravan but it is parked next to the house
| and we get them in here, my wife thinks they get in through the air bricks
| but I say no, even if the holes were large enough (I do not think they are)
| then I do not see how they could manipulate their bodies on a vertical wall
| and squeeze in the hole.

The air bricks are *specifically* designed to keep mice out, gets pencil
and torch, goes outside a pencil will only *just* go through. They are
probably getting in somewhere else. Airbricks must be undammaged to be
vermin proof.

Dave F

Old January 3rd 04, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

Great subject this isn't it.
When I started working in 1953 I was a Sanitary Inspector (now Environmental
Health Officer) but I just remember learning about rats, not about mice.
Thanks both.

wrote:

| To follow on from the posting re mice; does anyone know if they can

climb a
| brick wall?

snip

snip