Looking for info on CC and C&CC at Sandringham

Old January 3rd 04, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Boy

Default Looking for info on CC and C&CC at Sandringham

Hello all and a happy new year to all on NG,

I am looking for info about Sandringham estate,
About the CC and C&CC sites,
I am disabled and i use my scooter to get about so i was wondering if the
area is flat and is the roads good and what site would be best for us as we
have a Dog ,
If you have been to these sites can you please let me have your thoughts on
the area,
Thanks for your help,
John.

Old January 3rd 04, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 17:44:19 +0000 (UTC), "John Boy"
wrote:

| Hello all and a happy new year to all on NG,
|
| I am looking for info about Sandringham estate,
| About the CC and C&CC sites,
| I am disabled and i use my scooter to get about so i was wondering if the
| area is flat and is the roads good and what site would be best for us as we
| have a Dog ,
| If you have been to these sites can you please let me have your thoughts on
| the area,

CCC Sandringham is chronically full.
** Book in advance **

Old January 3rd 04, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

wrote:

Hello all and a happy new year to all on NG,

I am looking for info about Sandringham estate,
About the CC and C&CC sites,
I am disabled and i use my scooter to get about so i was wondering if the
area is flat and is the roads good and what site would be best for us as we
have a Dog ,
If you have been to these sites can you please let me have your thoughts on
the area,
Thanks for your help,
John.

It's some years since I stopped on the CC site at Sandringham and the
site has been done up since then. It was then a wonderful place with
direct access from the site to the woods behind. The roads around
there are basically flat and there is a lot of the Sandringham estate
that you would be able to access on your scooter. I would boo if I
were to want to go there it is quite a busy site.

(remove the spam to reply)
Old January 3rd 04, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob Edwards

| I am looking for info about Sandringham estate,
| About the CC and C&CC sites,
| I am disabled and i use my scooter to get about so i was wondering if

the
| area is flat and is the roads good and what site would be best for us as

we
| have a Dog ,
| If you have been to these sites can you please let me have your thoughts

on
| the area,

CCC Sandringham is chronically full.
** Book in advance **

We stayed on the CCC site last August when it was really hot. We had booked
well in advance (Feb) but during the week we were there I would say there
were always plenty of spare pitches. It did get very busy on the weekend
but even then there were still empty spots.

The site is slightly undulating but most pitches are mainly flat, plenty of
shade if you want it and three or four toilet blocks - not the best I've
been in but adequate with separate disabled facilities.

The area is not as flat as I expected it to be but having said that, it is
not exactly mountainous. The CC site is neat and has quite orderly
(regimented) rows of vans. The CCC site is more random and natural and much
bigger - also nearer Sandringham house if you intend to visit. It is a
relatively easy walk but a bit of a pull up a quite long (but not steep)
slope.

CCC is all grass pitches with a tarmac road around the site - CC is tarmac
and gravel hardstandings for all pitches.

Hope this helps

Bob

---

Old January 8th 04, 08:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Boy

Hi Bob,
Thanks for the info that was good of you,
All the best for now
John.

Old January 8th 04, 08:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Boy

Hello Dave,
Thanks for the hellp and info,
John.