Help - i cant see my posts

Old January 4th 04, 03:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
kev

Default Help - i cant see my posts

.........i cannot 'see' my posts that i know are getting through because i
have had reply's direct to my email account...can somebody advise how to
rectify please...thanks

kr

Old January 4th 04, 03:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ophelia

"kev" wrote in message
........i cannot 'see' my posts that i know are getting through because i
have had reply's direct to my email account...can somebody advise how to
rectify please...thanks

You may have accidentally killfiled yourself. Go into TOOLS, MESSAGE
RULES, BLOCKED SENDERS LIST

If you are not there then I don't know

HTH

Ophelia

Old January 4th 04, 04:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 16:36:28 +0000 (UTC), "kev"
wrote:

........i cannot 'see' my posts that i know are getting through because i
have had reply's direct to my email account...can somebody advise how to
rectify please...thanks

What Newsreader are you using? if its Outlook Express that's exactly
what happens if you do a collection just after posting. Don't collect
for at least 5min after posting or better still get a real Newsreader.

Lenny
Old January 4th 04, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
kev

Hi Lenny...I am using OE....... i am aware that i am unable to see my =
posts straight away, however, i still cannot see them after 24 hours +. =
I can however see peoples replys to my posts ( such as yours )

regards kev

Old January 4th 04, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lee_D

wrote:

........i cannot 'see' my posts that i know are getting through because i
have had reply's direct to my email account...can somebody advise how to
rectify please...thanks

What Newsreader are you using? if its Outlook Express that's exactly
what happens if you do a collection just after posting. Don't collect
for at least 5min after posting or better still get a real Newsreader.

Lenny

I'm using OE 6 on broadband and have no such issues, occasionally the
servers are slow but the messages always get there. I can ususally see my
messages immediately after posting and had no issues on the modem link prior
to broadband.

Kev... take a look at these google hits on your problem!

http://makeashorterlink.com/?V29B224F6

Google is worth its weight in gold when issues like these arise.

Lee D
--
________________________________
www.lrproject.com

Old January 4th 04, 06:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 18:22:44 +0000 (UTC), "kev"
wrote:

Hi Lenny...I am using OE....... i am aware that i am unable to see my =
posts straight away, however, i still cannot see them after 24 hours +. =
I can however see peoples replys to my posts ( such as yours )

Thats the reason I changed to Agent, I had the same problems wiith
OE, used to have to to look on Google to see if they had posted OK.
As Lee pointed out not every one has the same problems. I suspect it
could depend what portal you use.
I have not hear of the problem ocurring with any other newsreader
other than OE.

Vist http://www.forteinc.com & download Agent once you have used it
you won't want to go back to OE.

Lenny

Old January 4th 04, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , kev
writes
Hi Lenny...I am using OE....... i am aware that i am unable to see my =
posts straight away, however, i still cannot see them after 24 hours +. =
I can however see peoples replys to my posts ( such as yours )

regards kev

If people are replying then obviously the post is going out k and the
problem lies in collection. Your news server is obviously supplying
other peoples posts from this group and it would not be selective
regarding yours.
The problem would therefore appear to be in your OE settings almost
certainly your kill rules but possibly ( and I don't know OE that well)
your routing rules.
--
hugh
Old January 4th 04, 08:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

wrote:

........i cannot 'see' my posts that i know are getting through because i
have had reply's direct to my email account...can somebody advise how to
rectify please...thanks

What Newsreader are you using? if its Outlook Express that's exactly
what happens if you do a collection just after posting. Don't collect
for at least 5min after posting or better still get a real Newsreader.

I don't have that problem ...

Mary

Lenny

Old January 6th 04, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
kev

i can now....i had my own address in my blocked senders settings !!!! thanks
to all who helped in my moment of need.
"kev" wrote in message
test