Austrian campsites near Salzburgh

Old July 14th 03, 02:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Phil

Default Austrian campsites near Salzburgh

I have found the following sites in of near to Salzburg at
http://www.campsite.at/En/Default.htm (an excellent website in
English)

Salzburg Salzburg Stad Salzburg Campingplatz Schloss Aigen
Salzburg Salzburg Stadt Salzburg Camping Nord-Sam
Salzburg Salzburg Umgebung Hallein Camping Auwirt
Salzburg Salzburger Land Pfarrwerfen Campingplatz Vierthaler
Salzburg Salzburger Seenland / Flachgau Seekirchen Freizeitcamp Zell
am Wallersee

Do any of you know them? If so is there easy public transport in/out
of the city?

Phil

Old July 14th 03, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
klyne

"Phil" wrote in message
I have found the following sites in of near to Salzburg at
http://www.campsite.at/En/Default.htm (an excellent website in
English)

Salzburg Salzburg Stad Salzburg Campingplatz Schloss Aigen
Salzburg Salzburg Stadt Salzburg Camping Nord-Sam
Salzburg Salzburg Umgebung Hallein Camping Auwirt
Salzburg Salzburger Land Pfarrwerfen Campingplatz Vierthaler
Salzburg Salzburger Seenland / Flachgau Seekirchen Freizeitcamp Zell
am Wallersee

Do any of you know them? If so is there easy public transport in/out
of the city?

Phil

We stayed at Nord Sam some years ago and its quite a nice site. You can get
the bus almost outside the campsite. The pitches are of quite a good size. I
think there is a small swimming pool. Most of the facilities are under the
main house. There is another site in Salzburg more towards the centre of the
town, when we went to view it we did not take to it. The only problem we had
was that during the week you could hear noise from the nearby marshalling
yard but that might have changed since we were there. Salzburg is a really
lovely city and well worth a visit, even if you are not a Sound of Music
fan!!!!!

David - Milton Keynes

Old July 14th 03, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob Douglas

"klyne" wrote in message

Snip

Phil

We stayed at Nord Sam some years ago and its quite a nice site. You can

get
the bus almost outside the campsite. The pitches are of quite a good size.

think there is a small swimming pool. Most of the facilities are under the
main house. There is another site in Salzburg more towards the centre of

the
town, when we went to view it we did not take to it. The only problem we

had
was that during the week you could hear noise from the nearby marshalling
yard but that might have changed since we were there. Salzburg is a really
lovely city and well worth a visit, even if you are not a Sound of Music
fan!!!!!

David - Milton Keynes

Find myself agreeing with David again.

Have used Nord Sam twice.

It's in a residential area and about as close as you would want to be to the
city.

It is friendly and does have a small pool.

Pitches are hedged and private.

Bus from outside the gates (almost), and tickets sold in reception.

Most convenient for visiting Salzburg itself.

Bob
Spam blocking in force. Remove nobumf from address to reply

Old July 16th 03, 03:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Phil

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 15:11:49 +0000 (UTC), "klyne"
wrote:

We stayed at Nord Sam some years ago and its quite a nice site. You can get
the bus almost outside the campsite.

Many thanks for this.

Old July 16th 03, 03:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Phil

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:45:08 +0100, "Doc" wrote:

I'll leave the reply to David, but thanks for posting that site; very handy
as I'm aiming for Austria next week! Up till now I've used www.tiscover.at
which I find a bit annoying in some ways.

You're welcome. It's amazing how one thing leads to another........