swift challenger help/advice required

Old January 5th 04, 10:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy

Default swift challenger help/advice required

hiya guys n gals,

after some jolly nice kids rolled my swift challenger 490/5se down the
hill and leaving it half embeded into a pegeut 405, i am now left with
a swift challenger minus its front locker housing/panel.
luckily the window panel is intact its only the locker panel ( below
the windows) thats totaly destroyed.

my question for those in the know is :::

is the front of a swift silouhet ( forgive the spelling ) 1991 the
same as mine, they are both 1991 models and i can get the silluhet one
for 50 uk pounds.

mines a 17 foot ( i believe) and the sillouhet is a 12/13 foot.

thanks chaps

a rather pi**ed of

Andy

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old January 5th 04, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On 5 Jan 2004 23:11:06 GMT, Andy wrote:

hiya guys n gals,

after some jolly nice kids rolled my swift challenger 490/5se down the
hill and leaving it half embeded into a pegeut 405, i am now left with
a swift challenger minus its front locker housing/panel.
luckily the window panel is intact its only the locker panel ( below
the windows) thats totaly destroyed.

my question for those in the know is :::

is the front of a swift silouhet ( forgive the spelling ) 1991 the
same as mine, they are both 1991 models and i can get the silluhet one
for 50 uk pounds.

mines a 17 foot ( i believe) and the sillouhet is a 12/13 foot.

thanks chaps

a rather pi**ed of

Would your insurers not sort this out for you?

(remove the spam to reply)
Old January 6th 04, 06:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy

Would your insurers not sort this out for you?

they would if id have sent the insurance forms off.

another momentary lapse of reason.

guess what. ? ill send them off now tho`

Old January 6th 04, 02:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On 6 Jan 2004 07:59:57 GMT, Andy wrote:

Would your insurers not sort this out for you?

they would if id have sent the insurance forms off.

another momentary lapse of reason.

guess what. ? ill send them off now tho`

andy

You have my sympathies, this could be an expensive lapse.

(remove the spam to reply)
Old January 6th 04, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Caravanoy

Andy
The swift door is not the same size or fit as the challenger one for 91, and
unfortunately the likely cost via swift is approx 300

We can take your damaged one and have it rebuilt and copied for approx 180

send your enquiry to www.caravanparts.net

Regards
Bob
Old January 6th 04, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy

On 06 Jan 2004 17:15:06 GMT, (Caravanoy) wrote:

Andy
The swift door is not the same size or fit as the challenger one for 91, and
unfortunately the likely cost via swift is approx £300

We can take your damaged one and have it rebuilt and copied for approx £180

send your enquiry to
www.caravanparts.net

Regards
Bob

thanks for the replies,

so, if i get the swift silluette front panel complete with locker
door/lid the it will fit my challenger, will it ?

i can get a new panel made up complete with door/lid for a challenger
for £250 but, obviously founds are non existent. so im just going to
see if my local hospital would like to buy a kidney for £300.

Old January 7th 04, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
CaravanParts

Andy
Re changing whole panel and door, I don't think this will work. The curve is
different of the front panel, the bottom is compatible with different a-frame
fairings, the grab handle anchor points are different positions, and the shape
of the gas locker tray is also different

Bob