how long are these newsgroup posts valid

Old January 6th 04, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
kev

Default how long are these newsgroup posts valid

How long are newsgroup postings valid (ie - how long before they naturally
expire from the servers).......just wondering !!!.....Oh, and i hear a lot
about killfiles to help stop the trolls - is this the same as 'the blocked
senders' listings....and seeing as this is a caravanning group - what is the
best cleaner on the market to get rid of those black streaky marks on the
outside of my van ?

Old January 6th 04, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 16:11:39 +0000 (UTC), "kev"
wrote:

How long are newsgroup postings valid (ie - how long before they naturally
expire from the servers).......just wondering !!!....

Many newservers have a limit of about 30 days some longer, some just
limit on the number of messages stored. But If you want to look at a
complete record of all postings ever made on a newsgroups just do a
search on Google groups for this group it is

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ec.caravanning

.Oh, and i hear a lot
about killfiles to help stop the trolls - is this the same as 'the blocked
senders' listings...

Yes, but there are other things to do as well. In an earlier message I
suggested what others had said to do about cross posting which once
sorted out eleiminates all but the most persistent of trolls.

For a very helpful doc. file,
http://web.archive.org/web/200210130...r.org/faq.html

and for the executable,
http://web.archive.org/web/200202080...120/np-120.exe

for this help I thank Ian D
And for how to set it up to work with Outlook Express I suggest you
look at the thread

Filtering using OE6 and NewsProxy ..posted On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 12:39:36
-0000, "Paul - xxx"

.and seeing as this is a caravanning group - what is the
best cleaner on the market to get rid of those black streaky marks on the
outside of my van ?

WE've had many suggestions, several swear by furniture polish, others
by a product called Silky but this needs some elbow grease, then there
is ordinary car polish, there is also a product called Black Streak
remover but I've never founfd it works on my van.

(remove the spam to reply)
Old January 6th 04, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

wrote:

| How long are newsgroup postings valid (ie - how long before they naturally
| expire from the servers).......just wondering !!!.....

Most newsservers expire posts after a couple of weeks or so.
Forever in www.groups.google.com

News.individual.net IMO one of the best say:
http://news.individual.net/hierarchies.html
uk.* 49 days

Dave F

Old January 6th 04, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Helen K

Black streaky marks - try "Hygienic Wipes" from Lidl. They provide the
quickest and easiest cleaner I know of.

Cheers Helen K

Old January 6th 04, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

Helen, do you know if there are chemicals in these?
I understand that fairy liquid wash up for example contains salt and while
this can clean a car or 'van it is not good for the paint.

Old January 6th 04, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
M.H. Greaves.

I use autoglym caravan and motorhome cleaner on my caravan, it'll clean
anything off except the paint!

Old January 6th 04, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 18:26:49 -0000, "Stewart"
wrote:

| Helen, do you know if there are chemicals in these?

Yes! there is undoubtedly water in these wipes
What have you against water?

Old January 6th 04, 07:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

Dave, I am just a simple man who cleans the caravan with whatever she who
must be obeyed tells me. She bought about a gallon of Pink Stuff last year
at the caravan show in Glasgow and I am surprised we have any paint left on
the caravan. I just about got a hernia cleaning the roof for her;
unfortunately we have a balcony and she can look down on the caravan roof.
Luckily for me she hates the computer so I get that to myself.

Old January 6th 04, 08:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Helen K

Instructions

Keep away from children
Not to be used for personal hygiene
Do not use on enamel, marble, and painted surfaces
Hygienic wipes contain amongst other ingredients: anionic surfactants,
preservative, perfume. (not very informative in my opinion)
Do not flush down the toilet

Easy to use, stretch and tear resistant cleaning wipes
Effective cleaning for hygienic cleanliness in kitchen and bath
Ideal for quick hygienis clean-ups all around the house and when you are
away from home

My findings - they are marvellous for multiple cleaning tasks in the
caravan - toilet, cooker, doors, etc.

I ALWAYS have a supply

Old January 7th 04, 06:56 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
James W. West

"kev" wrote in message
How long are newsgroup postings valid (ie - how long before they naturally
expire from the servers).......just wondering !!!.....Oh, and i hear a lot
about killfiles to help stop the trolls - is this the same as 'the blocked
senders' listings....and seeing as this is a caravanning group - what is

the
best cleaner on the market to get rid of those black streaky marks on the
outside of my van ?

I don't know about best, but I use something called 'Fenwicks superior
caravan cleaner.'

I have just bought a caravan and we spent a week away in October. After I
took it home it developed some really nasty streaks, partly because of the
mess it had acquired in several hundred miles of travelling.

I bought the caravan cleaner and found the streaks difficult to move, but
went back and washed it again half an hour later and they came off very
readily. I then finished off with 'Bobby Dazzler' which is another Fenwicks
product.

I have never washed it again and there are some very small streaks, but they
have never came back to any great extent.

James