Pembrokeshire

Old January 7th 04, 12:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave

Default Pembrokeshire

Hi I am going to Pembrokeshire in July I am looking for a quiet small
caravan site

any recomendations whould be welcome

Thanks

Dave Coleman

Old January 7th 04, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Barleycorn

We went to Caerfai Bay near St Davids last year.

http://www.pembrokeshire-online.co.u...ai/caravan.htm

It is a fairly small site, mainly on grass, just up the cliff from it's own
bay,(the beach of which almost dissapears when the tide is in!).

It is a 20 minute walk to St Davids, where there is quite a cheap
supermarket.

We enjoyed ourselves, despite rain most days. There are some lovely beaches
a short drive / bus ride away, and a spectacular coastal walk going right by
the site.

The only thing that ****ed me off were all the dual language signs
everywhere. Is there actually somebody in Wales who doesn't understand
English? I think not!!

Off to Cornwall this year, pr'aps the signs will be in Jethro!!

All in all I would thoroughly recommend the site.

Barleycorn.

Old January 7th 04, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Barleycorn

Or http://www.pembrokeshire-online.co.uk/caerfai/

has the index.

Old January 8th 04, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
T P

"Barleycorn" wrote:

The only thing that ****ed me off were all the dual language signs
everywhere.

Then stop taking your holidays in someone else's country.

Either that, or learn to respect their language and culture.

Presumably you object to road signs in France being in French and not
English?

Old January 8th 04, 02:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Barleycorn

"T P" wrote in message
"Barleycorn" wrote:

The only thing that ****ed me off were all the dual language signs
everywhere.

Then stop taking your holidays in someone else's country.

Certainly, I don't intend going back. I consider Wales to be the same as
France, a beautiful country spoilt by the inhabitants.

Either that, or learn to respect their language and culture.

This Welsh language thing has very little to do with genuine culture than
with the manipulation by middle class hippies trying to prove a point.
Scotland, Cornwall, and other parts of Britain which have just a strong
cultural identity have managed with the Queens English. It may be fair
enough to have the odd Welsh sign for old times sake, but when every little
sign is duplicated it is ridiculous, not to mention the cost. The point of
signeage is to inform. I believe that 99% of the inhabitants of Wales would
be adequately informed by English signs. I had to visit a Hospital while in
Wales, and if it wasn't so sad it would be laughable, having all the ward
and information signs in two languages.

Presumably you object to road signs in France being in French and not
English?

I don't go to France, but I imagine that places like Normandy, which has a
strong regional identity, use the national signs.

Old January 8th 04, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
www.ttdown.com

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 15:07:28 GMT, "Barleycorn"
wrote:

"T P" wrote in message
.. .
"Barleycorn" wrote:

The only thing that ****ed me off were all the dual language signs
everywhere.

Then stop taking your holidays in someone else's country.

Certainly, I don't intend going back. I consider Wales to be the same as
France, a beautiful country spoilt by the inhabitants.

Either that, or learn to respect their language and culture.

This Welsh language thing has very little to do with genuine culture than
with the manipulation by middle class hippies trying to prove a point.

But which language should be at the top of the sign ? g

Roy
Old January 8th 04, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob Edwards

Certainly, I don't intend going back. I consider Wales to be the same as
France, a beautiful country spoilt by the inhabitants.

Would you care to elaborate on that statement?

Bob

---

Old January 8th 04, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave Dew

"Barleycorn" wrote in message

"T P" wrote in message
"Barleycorn" wrote:

The only thing that ****ed me off were all the dual language signs
everywhere.

Then stop taking your holidays in someone else's country.

Certainly, I don't intend going back. I consider Wales to be the same as
France, a beautiful country spoilt by the inhabitants.

As Bob Edwards has said. Will you please elaborate ?

I don't go to France, but I imagine that places like Normandy, which has a
strong regional identity, use the national signs.

If you do not go to France then how are you able to comment on their traffic
signs and the nature of the inhabitants?
I however have spent all my holidays for the past twenty odd years in
France. The last couple of years I have spent over three months each year in
France and intend to do so again this year. I have spoken to hundreds of
French people and have made friends with many. Our Xmas card list to France
grows longer each year, as does the list of English people we meet
caravanning in France. What is it you know that I am missing ?

Regards.

Dave Dew.

Old January 8th 04, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dennis Freshwater

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 15:07:28 +0000, Barleycorn wrote:

"T P" wrote in message
"Barleycorn" wrote:

The only thing that ****ed me off were all the dual language signs
everywhere.

Then stop taking your holidays in someone else's country.

Certainly, I don't intend going back. I consider Wales to be the same as
France, a beautiful country spoilt by the inhabitants.

Ahh, now where would we be without the little racists? Doesn't like the
Welsh, doesn't like the French... bless.
Old January 8th 04, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Barleycorn

France, a beautiful country spoilt by the inhabitants.

Would you care to elaborate on that statement?

My only other experience in Wales was a village trip walking on the Brecon
beacons. Our minibus was broken into, and all coats, boots, personal
belongings stolen. Now when they take a party up there someone has to sit
in the bus all day. The Welsh take great pride in closing in on themselves
when an English group goes into a pub etc.
I have been to France on the odd day trip, and have not been very impressed
with the French that I have met.
In my opinion, and it is my opinion, not my plan for Welsh / French
genocide, that the Welsh and the French are not very nice people.
We are all entitled to our opinion - that is the point of usenet. It may be
a wrong opinion, or it may be an unpopular opinion, but it is my opinion and
you can ignore it if you want.

In answer to the original post the campsite that I mentioned was very good,
and it was a lovely area.

Barleycorn