Site near Warwick Exhibition Centre

Old January 7th 04, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

Default Site near Warwick Exhibition Centre

Does anyone know of one which is open at the end of February?

A ten mile radius would be fine. We need accommodation for four nights.

Mary

Old January 7th 04, 07:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

Mary Fisher wrote:

Does anyone know of one which is open at the end of February?

A ten mile radius would be fine. We need accommodation for four
nights.

Mary

Hi Mary,

I live just outside Warwick - but wasn't aware that we had an Exhibition
Centre! Where exactly do you mean?
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old January 8th 04, 08:35 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stan Kirk

Mary

We stayed at a commercial site in Stratford upon Avon but that does not
open until April, however checking our CCC sites book there are a few others
in the area:-

Mr Bennett, Dodwell Park, Evesham Road, Stratord upon Avon 01789-204957
open all year.

Mr Lucas, High Close Farm, Blackhill, Snitterfield, Stratford upon Avon
01789-731300 open all year

Mr Warr, Newlands Caravan Park, Loxley lane, Wellesbourne, Stratford upon
Avon 01789-841096

These are the only sites that I can find that do not appear to be Certified
sites ie CC or CCC members only sites and which are open all year, cant
speak for any of them as not been, but hope this helps, checking the map
they don't look too far to travel to where you need to be.

Regards.
Stan

Old January 8th 04, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
T P

"Hitch Lock" wrote:

I live just outside Warwick - but wasn't aware that we had an Exhibition
Centre! Where exactly do you mean?

Mary probably means the National Showground at Stoneleigh, which is
used as an exhibition centre.

Old January 8th 04, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

T P wrote:

"Hitch Lock" wrote:

I live just outside Warwick - but wasn't aware that we had an
Exhibition Centre! Where exactly do you mean?

Mary probably means the National Showground at Stoneleigh, which is
used as an exhibition centre.

If so, there's a field next to the showground which is used for exhibitors'
caravans at the big shows like the Royal and Town & Country. I don't know
whether it is available on other occasions or - indeed - whether Mary will
be there in an official capacity or just as a visitor.

She seems to have gone quiet! Are you still there, Mary?
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old January 8th 04, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"T P" wrote in message
"Hitch Lock" wrote:

I live just outside Warwick - but wasn't aware that we had an Exhibition
Centre! Where exactly do you mean?

Mary probably means the National Showground at Stoneleigh, which is
used as an exhibition centre.

Oh no, I know that well. When we go to NAC we stay there but we cant stay
there when we're not taking part in an event there.

The Warwickshire Exhbition Centre is where the Fosse Way (B4455) crosses the
A425. It's close to Leamington Spa.

Mary

Old January 8th 04, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Stan Kirk" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, Stan, I'll check them out.

That's if I can persuade Spouse that it's worth going ... :-)

Mary

Regards.
Stan

Old January 9th 04, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
T P

"Mary Fisher" wrote:

The Warwickshire Exhbition Centre is where the Fosse Way (B4455) crosses the
A425. It's close to Leamington Spa.

Thanks Mary, I had never heard of it before.

Old January 9th 04, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

Mary Fisher wrote:

The Warwickshire Exhbition Centre is where the Fosse Way (B4455)
crosses the A425. It's close to Leamington Spa.

Mary

Ah!, I know where you mean. Never heard it called that though, but I think
there is some sort of craft museum there. Having said that, I've driven past
that junction lots of time when travelling from Leamington to Southam, but
have never seen anything there other than the odd cowshed. Maybe it's not
actually at the junction but is a little way up or down the Fosse?

Anyway, to business! If you are in the CC, there are a couple of CL's within
spitting distance - both of which are open all year. The nearest is on
Harbury Lane just to the south of Leamington (Lower Heathcote Farm,
01926-436983) and is about 5 miles away, and doesn't involve going through
any towns - just keep going on Harbury Lane until you meet the Fosse, and
then turn left.

The second is further away (about 11 miles) at Halford - which is straight
down the Fosse, again without having any towns to go through. The site is
Whitegate, Fosse Way, Halford
( 01789-740635).

I've never used either site (being a bit close to home!) but have driven
past the Halford one numerous times - and it looks ok from the road.

HTH.
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old January 9th 04, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Tasker

Hi All

There is always Warwick Racecourse Site. Right in the middle of the track.

Regards

Paul