Vendee - Du Jard (Reports appreciated)

Old January 8th 04, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Westwell

Default Vendee - Du Jard (Reports appreciated)

Hi all,

Plans to visit La Yole have been canned due to lack of availability and we
are now considering Du Jard a little further South.

Any reports on this site would be much appreciated, we will be two families
with two vans and two children (per family under 10).

Regards,

Paul

Old January 9th 04, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Green

"Paul Westwell" wrote in message
Hi all,

Plans to visit La Yole have been canned due to lack of availability and we
are now considering Du Jard a little further South.

Any reports on this site would be much appreciated, we will be two

families
with two vans and two children (per family under 10).

Regards,

Paul

We stayed at Du Jard in August 2002.

It's a nice site close to the beach but it is the only site that we have
stayed on in France, and we have used quite a few, where the toilets had no
seats! They were English type and paper covers were provided, if you were
early enough. It feels a bit strange and could cause problems if you have
small children. You may lose them!

We actually missed the site entrance as the sign on the roadside says 'Le
Jard' and not Du Jard. We went all the way through Tranche before we decided
to ask where Du Jard was at the Le Jard site. The lady on reception said 'Le
Jard', 'Du Jard' they are the same!

The site is quite large but not that noisy. Pitch sizes are adequate
provided that you do not have a very large caravan. The beach is about 400
yards away (from main gate) across the other side of the coast road. There
are some restaurants along the main road, although the camp one is good, and
it is a short walk. right out of the camp gate, to a reasonable shopping
centre with a market.

I have 2 or 3 pictures of the site, and the sign, if you are interested.

Regards
Richard Green