Which mirror for a Mondeo

Old January 9th 04, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
GARY LEWIS

Default Which mirror for a Mondeo

Can anyone recommend mirrors for a Mondeo 2003 model. The ones I used from
my Xantia won't fit.

Old January 10th 04, 09:08 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chuck

I see you got rid of Landrover then Gary

Old January 10th 04, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
M.H. Greaves.

I dont use mirrors that attach to the cars mirrors any more (well, i havent
for 2-3yrs now but...) i have a pair of mirriors that clip in behind the
window rubber and a strap attaches to the bottom of the door, which can be
tensioned.
I got them from a car boot sale for 5 the pair, they were in a hell of a
state, but i took them home and cleaned them up, and now theyre as good as
new!
I fiited a square of felt to the feet that rest against the door to stop
them scratching the paint.
I found that any mirrors i had that attached to the door were prone to
vibration in wind and to an extent the road surface, making them difficult
to see in them. so i had my eyes open for better ones and got them at a car
boot sale.
I didnt buy the car boot, 'cos i already have a boot on my car!!!
regards.

Old January 10th 04, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy Richardson

I use ordinary strap on mirrors for my Mondeo (Y reg) but have to cross the
rubber straps over at the back of the mirror to get a tight fit. I also
have a pair of the Milenco mirrors that were made for the Vectra mirrors.
These fit OK but the rubber ones are easier to fit and do the job so I use
those.

--
Andy Richardson
Derbyshire

Old January 10th 04, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim Burt

I am selling two Milenco Towing Mirror - Universal fitting (flat glass) on
eBay. Only used once. Still in original box. See

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ADME:B:LC:UK:1
and
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ADME:B:LC:UK:1

From Milenco's blurb: -

See
http://www.milenco.com/MerchantMLL/D...=5674&Exp=5674

Best Buy - Practical Caravan, Best Buy - Auto Express and Our Choice - Auto
Car

"Milenco universal mirror is regarded as the best towing mirror you can buy
it has been awarded best buy in every test since its introduction, the
mirror offers unrivalled vibration free performance. It fits to virtually
every vehicle on the road including Vauxhall Vectra, Rover 75, Alfa 156 and
Renault Espase."

Jim

Remove REMOVE_TO_MAIL_ME to reply

Old January 10th 04, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chuck

Gary I told you years ago to get a Landcruiser

"Gary" wrote in message
I've seen the light.

Old January 10th 04, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gary

She wouldn't drive one and I can't stand going slow.

"Chuck" , wrote in message ...
Gary I told you years ago to get a Landcruiser

"Gary" wrote in message
I've seen the light.

Old January 10th 04, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chris J Dixon

Jim Burt wrote:

I am selling two Milenco Towing Mirror - Universal fitting (flat glass) on
eBay. Only used once. Still in original box. See

I use an older design Milenco on my Mondeo, with crossed rubber
straps, and they are fine. Wouldn't even consider flat glass
though, especially on the nearside, the field of view is just too
narrow to be useful.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK