Great week in the Lake District

Old January 10th 04, 03:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon Hawthorne

Default Great week in the Lake District

Hi all

I asked some months back on this newsgroup for recommendations for a
nice CL in the Lake District with views over water - and have today
returned from one of those recommendations - Irton House Farm - with
Reg & Joan Almond. I have included a couple of photos of the view on
the following web page:

http://www.thehawthornes.org/caravans/caravan_index.htm

Regards

Simon
Old January 10th 04, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Edd Berresford

I have included a couple of photos of the view on

Simon,
I notice from you're pics, it appears that you're waste water pipe is
running freely into the adjacent field. I have no concern with this myself,
but is it considered acceptable, what about the detergents etc in washing up
liquid et al?

Edd berresford

Old January 10th 04, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon Hawthorne

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 19:35:31 -0000, "Edd Berresford"
wrote:

Simon,
I notice from you're pics, it appears that you're waste water pipe is
running freely into the adjacent field. I have no concern with this myself,
but is it considered acceptable, what about the detergents etc in washing up
liquid et al?

The farmer was fine - in fact he suggested it......... many CLs I
have been to ask that you just throw your waste water into long grass
around the edge - so I often cut out the middle man and just use a
longer waste pipe....

S.

Old January 12th 04, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ZZhivago

"Simon Hawthorne" wrote in message
Hi all

I asked some months back on this newsgroup for recommendations for a
nice CL in the Lake District with views over water - and have today
returned from one of those recommendations - Irton House Farm - with
Reg & Joan Almond. I have included a couple of photos of the view on
the following web page:

http://www.thehawthornes.org/caravans/caravan_index.htm

Regards

Simon

So is it open all year then? We site says April - Oct.

Old January 12th 04, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon Hawthorne

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 18:42:49 -0000, "ZZhivago"
wrote:

So is it open all year then? We site says April - Oct.

I contacted them directly and they said it wasn't a problem - .... not
many people 'want' to use it during the winter - no idea why though -
it was great!
Simon

Regards, Simon
http://www.thehawthornes.org