isle of wight

Old January 11th 04, 10:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Graeme CROOK

Default isle of wight

Dear all, Its that time of year again,and we are planning a summer hol on
the isle of wight.
We have picked Adgestone for our base, but can somebody please tell us the
best (or cheapest) way of getting there.
Any comments on the site and island would be appreciated.
Thanks
Crookie

Old January 11th 04, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 11:53:58 -0000, "Graeme CROOK"
wrote:

| Dear all, Its that time of year again,and we are planning a summer hol on
| the isle of wight.
| We have picked Adgestone for our base, but can somebody please tell us the
| best (or cheapest) way of getting there.
| Any comments on the site and island would be appreciated.

The island is fine, it is the cost of getting there is the problem. Also
we wanted to get back to the mainland for a day trip, and gave up the idea
on the grounds of cost.

We drove past Dynosaur Farm and did not go. Big mistake it is worth a
visit.

Dave F
Old January 11th 04, 11:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bart Simpson

wrote:

| Dear all, Its that time of year again,and we are planning a summer hol

on
| the isle of wight.
| We have picked Adgestone for our base, but can somebody please tell us

the
| best (or cheapest) way of getting there.
| Any comments on the site and island would be appreciated.

The island is fine, it is the cost of getting there is the problem. Also
we wanted to get back to the mainland for a day trip, and gave up the idea
on the grounds of cost.

We drove past Dynosaur Farm and did not go. Big mistake it is worth a
visit.

Dave F

What time of day are you planning of travelling, if your prepared to travel
out of "Hours" you can get some good deals.
Having towed there several times now complete with children quite a few
years ago now it works out as a great holiday
with children.

John.

Old January 11th 04, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

wrote:

Dear all, Its that time of year again,and we are planning a summer hol on
the isle of wight.
We have picked Adgestone for our base, but can somebody please tell us the
best (or cheapest) way of getting there.
Any comments on the site and island would be appreciated.
Thanks
Crookie

Adgestone used to have some tie up with Ferry companies you got a
special deal on the ferry if you booked via Adgestone.

Lenny
Old January 11th 04, 02:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stuart Bell

Graeme CROOK wrote:

Dear all, Its that time of year again,and we are planning a summer hol on
the isle of wight.
We have picked Adgestone for our base, but can somebody please tell us the
best (or cheapest) way of getting there.
Any comments on the site and island would be appreciated.
Thanks
Crookie

Check both www.redfunnel.co.uk and ww.wightlink.co.uk and weigh up their
various special offers. If you can avoid summer Saturdays all the
better. C&CC members get a discount, even if not staying at the C&CC
site - see the sites book for information.

Stuart
--
Spamfritterspam exists only in the world of the address
harvesting spam bot. Try stuartsmacs at the same domain
Old January 11th 04, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chuck

If you are in the Caravan Club you can get a good discount we are going this
year and have just booked yesterday with Wightlink. From 16th July and
return on the 31st for 75.00 all in. But your outfit must be no more than
13m.(( This is the cheapest way.)) Red Funnel will cost 104.00

Old January 12th 04, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"Graeme CROOK" wrote in message
Dear all, Its that time of year again,and we are planning a summer hol on
the isle of wight.

You can get to France with caravan for the same money.
(I know, you don't want to go to France).
DaveK.

Old January 12th 04, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stuart Bell

DaveK wrote:

You can get to France with caravan for the same money.

With the very worst Wight fares that might just be true, not otherwise.