Older car weights

Old January 12th 04, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gareth Watkins

Default Older car weights

Hi All
Can anyone point me in the direction of a website that gives weights for
older cars, ie, over the past ten years or so?
Many thanks
Gareth

Old January 13th 04, 08:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stuart Bell

Gareth Watkins wrote:

Hi All
Can anyone point me in the direction of a website that gives weights for
older cars, ie, over the past ten years or so?

Not on-line, but the Used Car guides at newsagents often have weights
going back that kind of time.

Stuart
--
Spamfritterspam exists only in the world of the address
harvesting spam bot. Try stuartsmacs at the same domain
Old January 13th 04, 09:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

What about the local public weighbridge?
Would think they charge maybe someone will give an idea of this.

Please reply to News Group.

Old January 13th 04, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
MadNurseGaz

Gareth Watkins wrote:
Hi All
Can anyone point me in the direction of a website that gives weights
for older cars, ie, over the past ten years or so?
Many thanks
Gareth

www.carfolio.com

is an international database of car specifications, many including
kerbweight. It covers most manufacturers and models, and if the exact model
and year are not covered, there will probably be a similar one with "close
enough" data. Cars from each manufacturer's history going back many years
are included
HTH
Regards,
MadNursegaz

Old January 13th 04, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gareth Watkins

"David" wrote in message
What about the local public weighbridge?
Would think they charge maybe someone will give an idea of this.

Please reply to News Group.

Nice idea David but I'm after the weights of cars under a thousand quid as
potential towcars, so I'm not sure if a second hand car dealer would be too
happy for me to take the entire contents of his forecourt down to the local
weighbridge!
Cheers
Gareth

Old January 13th 04, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gareth Watkins

"MadNurseGaz" wrote in message
Gareth Watkins wrote:
Hi All
Can anyone point me in the direction of a website that gives weights
for older cars, ie, over the past ten years or so?
Many thanks
Gareth

www.carfolio.com

is an international database of car specifications, many including
kerbweight. It covers most manufacturers and models, and if the exact

model
and year are not covered, there will probably be a similar one with "close
enough" data. Cars from each manufacturer's history going back many years
are included
HTH
Regards,
MadNursegaz

Many thanks for that, the website is very useful.
Gareth

Old January 13th 04, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

I have a lot of old "What Car" Magazines going back to 1984. If you are
interested in a couple of cars give me the year and exact model and I should
be able to give you their weight, BHP & Torque figures.

I rely on these when I buy my seconhand towcars.

Regards