Info wanted on 4watt caravan site

Old January 13th 04, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Marky

Default Info wanted on 4watt caravan site

Site we are thinking about using says we can only use 4watts,

Will this be enough to power a Electric Kettle ?

Marky

Old January 13th 04, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Marky posted ...

Site we are thinking about using says we can only use 4watts,

Will this be enough to power a Electric Kettle ?

Marky

Dunno .. which kettle ?

Most kettles will have a label on, somewhere near where the power supply
(cable) joins the kettle, which may give this information ..

--
Paul

Old January 13th 04, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
M.H. Greaves.

You might be better to have a bonfire and have a kettle hanging over it, lol

Old January 13th 04, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Marky

Cheers Paul

Just tried on our kettle but totally nothing on it apart from it has a 13
amp fuse lol, Do you think 4 Watts is normal for a Tourer Caravan site, as
long as we could use a small heater on the number 1 Setting & Tv even if we
turned them all off to boil a kettle would not be too bad,

Its just 4 watts is very greedy.

Old January 13th 04, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Marky

Opps sorry I mean 4 amp

Old January 13th 04, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Marky posted ...

Cheers Paul

Just tried on our kettle but totally nothing on it apart from it has
a 13 amp fuse lol, Do you think 4 Watts is normal for a Tourer
Caravan site, as long as we could use a small heater on the number 1
Setting & Tv even if we turned them all off to boil a kettle would
not be too bad,

Its just 4 watts is very greedy.

Kettles often take a lot of electricity to run them. I've found that it is
beneficial to turn other electrical items off when using them, you can often
only 'suck it and see' while at the site itself.

Many sites have limited electrical capacity for their caravans, and for this
reason many newcomers to caravanning find their appliances 'blowing' the
supply regularly. When you get to the site, check how to reset the
electrics, at the supply socket, before plugging anything in, 'just in case'
.... Maybe even ask the site manager first, they'll be happier telling you
before you blow a fuse (normally very easily resettable btw) than after ..

--
Paul

Old January 13th 04, 06:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 18:39:06 -0000, "Marky" wrote:

| Site we are thinking about using says we can only use 4watts,
|
| Will this be enough to power a Electric Kettle ?

This is either a mistake or a troll.
4 watts is no use to neither man nor beast.

Please check your information, and repost.

Davve F

Old January 13th 04, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

You can work a 750 watt kettle with 4 amp but not a normal household kettle
which need around 7 or more amps.
4 amp is much less than normal, other than on the continent I have been on
only one site with 4 amp, it was in Aberdeen!

Marky posted ...

Old January 13th 04, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 19:06:35 -0000, "Marky" wrote:

| Opps sorry I mean 4 amp

4 amps * 240 volts is 960 watts.
It will *just* run a 750 watt electric kettle, leaving a bit to charge the
battery.

We have a very small 750W electric kettle which is fine for two mugs of
tea. The big 1.7L 750W camping electric kettles take IMO too long to
boil.

Basically 4 amps will nicely keep your battery charged, but make sure it is
in good nick. Use gas and 12 volts for as much as possible, or move to
another site with a more reasonable supply.

--
Dave Fawthrop No Orange Cable(1 of 9) You can
caravan without that cable. Charge your battery before you leave, A new

Old January 13th 04, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 19:06:35 -0000, "Marky" wrote:

Opps sorry I mean 4 amp

4 amps will just keep your battery charged provide some light and run
the fridge, for everything elseyou would have to use gas, unless you
were being very careful and had spent a lot of money on low wattage
products that while they will work will take a long time to do
anything.

(remove the spam to reply)