Red Pennant via CC

Old January 13th 04, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Westwell

Default Red Pennant via CC

Hi,

Just booked first trip to France through the CC and took the standard Red
Pennant insurance.

Did not realise you purchase this in 12 day blocks effectively, we are
staying 14 nights but paying for 24.

The cost for my vehicle and van etc is 131 (two adults and two children),
how does this compare as I did not shop around?

Regards,

Paul

Old January 13th 04, 11:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"Paul Westwell" wrote in message
Hi,

Just booked first trip to France through the CC and took the standard Red
Pennant insurance.

Did not realise you purchase this in 12 day blocks effectively, we are
staying 14 nights but paying for 24.

I pay 85 a year for Green Flag European cover-car and caravan.
Sainsburys multi trip travel insurance 56.25. Maximum stay each trip 60
days.
Total 141.25, but I can travel anywhere in Europe as often as I like.
DaveK.

Old January 14th 04, 08:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
HarryBurr1

In article , "Paul
Westwell" writes:

The cost for my vehicle and van etc is 131 (two adults and two children),
how does this compare as I did not shop around?

Regards,

Paul

Paul
Just as a comparison, I use red pennant and have paid 97 for this year for 17
days. This is only for 2 adults and also includes a 10 discount. So real price
would be 107. So you are paying 12 for each of your children.
It's not the cheapest insurance available but you get what you pay for. Rest
assured it will cover absolutely everything.

harryB
Old January 15th 04, 08:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
MJG

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 21:21:51 -0000, "Paul Westwell"
wrote:

Hi,

Just booked first trip to France through the CC and took the standard Red
Pennant insurance.

Did not realise you purchase this in 12 day blocks effectively, we are
staying 14 nights but paying for 24.

The cost for my vehicle and van etc is 131 (two adults and two children),
how does this compare as I did not shop around?

Regards,

Paul

I've always thought this was a brilliant marketing ploy...

who goes on holiday for 12 days for god's sake...

10 possibly

14 probably

12 er no thanks.

Having said that I ALWAYS take out RP when I go abroad because of the
reputation... they do appear to be widely regarded as the best.