Camping Cheques

Old January 15th 04, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob Edwards

Default Camping Cheques

For the first time we can go abroad this year out of peak season (recently
retired teacher).
I am wondering whether the Camping Cheques scheme is worthwhile, cheaper,
easier etc.
Has anyone any good or bad experiences they would like to share?

Thanks,
Bob

---

Old January 15th 04, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
gill107

"Bob Edwards" wrote in message
For the first time we can go abroad this year out of peak season (recently
retired teacher).
I am wondering whether the Camping Cheques scheme is worthwhile, cheaper,
easier etc.
Has anyone any good or bad experiences they would like to share?

Thanks,
Bob

--------------------------------
An extremely good scheme.
We've used them and in fact have 20+ left from last year when we bought
extra to take advantage of the silly price (7.50).
Pick your sites to take advantage of induvidual special offers and they are
even better value.
Ferries can be booked through them at advantageous rates.

I'm assuming that you are talking about_the_Camping Cheque scheme run here
through Mark Hammerton and not the Caravan Club camping cheque.

Gillian

Old January 15th 04, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

We have used them for 5 years now and think they are great. All the sites
we have used them on have been first class and hopefully we shall have many
more years of caravanning to continue using them. Last summer for example
we were on a caravan site in Brabant, Holland called Achterste Hoeff
(spelling wrong I know) at Bladell; it had an indoor and outdoor swimming
pool as well as a lake suitable for swimming, there were hook ups on nearly
every site as well as individual water points and most sites had their own
drainage points, I could go on about all the other facilities but for only
8.50 (9.95 this year) is just could not be beaten.

Old January 15th 04, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
HarryBurr1

In article , "gill107"
writes:

An extremely good scheme.
We've used them and in fact have 20+ left from last year when we bought
extra to take advantage of the silly price (7.50).
Pick your sites to take advantage of induvidual special offers and they are
even better value.
Ferries can be booked through them at advantageous rates.

I'm assuming that you are talking about_the_Camping Cheque scheme run here
through Mark Hammerton and not the Caravan Club camping cheque.

Gillian

Camping cheques and CC camping cheques are now one of the same. The CC has
given up on it's own camping cheque scheme and has joined forces with the
Company called 'Camping Cheques'. It will, this year for the first time, issue
camping cheques from Mark Hammerton. I have booked ferry and camping cheques
from the CC for this year. However the number of sites in the CC Travel Service
brochure has dropped dramatically. So obviously those sites that have dropped
out of the CC system would appear not to be interested in joining forces with
'Camping Cheques'. Which is a pity really because the sites we had picked out
from last years brochure are not available for this year. So we will have to
pick from 'Camping Cheques' book for this year. I'm not to concerned about that
as the savings can be massive, eg. Chateau des Ormes in Brittany low season is
25.45 per night with one camping cheques it's 9.95. Also some sites do 7
nights for 6 cheques or even 14 for 11, an even better saving. So there you
have it. Well worth it.

harryB
Old January 16th 04, 09:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob Edwards

I'm assuming that you are talking about_the_Camping Cheque scheme run here
through Mark Hammerton and not the Caravan Club camping cheque.

Gillian

Thanks for that. I'm talking about the scheme as at this site:

http://www.campingcheque.co.uk/en/

Bob

---

Old January 16th 04, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
gill107

"Bob Edwards" wrote in message
I'm assuming that you are talking about_the_Camping Cheque scheme run

here
through Mark Hammerton and not the Caravan Club camping cheque.

Gillian

Thanks for that. I'm talking about the scheme as at this site:

http://www.campingcheque.co.uk/en/

Bob

--------------------------
Just to add to my previous reply.
I have spoken at some length with the Caravan Club this morning and from the
detail I've been given it seems that the 2 schemes are the same.
I was even given a detailed description of the booklet which is sent out and
the content of the inside front cover.
It is exactly the same as the Camping Cheques booklet I have in front of me
which I received through Mark Hammerton, Tunbridge Wells.

Gillian

Old January 16th 04, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave Dew

"Bob Edwards" wrote in message

Thanks for that. I'm talking about the scheme as at this site:

http://www.campingcheque.co.uk/en/

Bob,

I recently used them to book a ferry and bought the minimum of seven
cheques. I am booked on 1115 on 24th May, Portsmouth to Cherbourg and
returning 0630 on 30th June. The total cost was 228 GBP. This was about 70
GBP cheaper than the quote from the Caravan Club and is as good as any fare
I have had from Portsmouth in the past in the past 10 years.This is the
first time I have used them as in previous years the CC had always beaten
Camping Cheque UK on price but not this time. They give you a nice guide
book as well which lists about 400 sites in Europe.

Regards.

Dave Dew.