Vauxhall 2.0/2.2 DTi as towcar

Old January 16th 04, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Dear

Default Vauxhall 2.0/2.2 DTi as towcar

My new 'van is heavier, so a new towcar is looking like a necessity. My new
van is 1250Kg. The Vectra l2.2/2.2 DTi looks a good 85% match. Anyone tow
with one?Any suggestions for alternatives, which are relatively economic to
run solo as we are a one car household?
Thanks in anticipation,
John

Old January 16th 04, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Neil Melville

Don't tow with it but I've got a new model 2.0DTi - it's a bit pedestrian,
bup apart from that OK

Neil

Old January 16th 04, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nebulous

"John Dear" wrote in message
My new 'van is heavier, so a new towcar is looking like a necessity. My

new
van is 1250Kg. The Vectra l2.2/2.2 DTi looks a good 85% match. Anyone tow
with one?Any suggestions for alternatives, which are relatively economic

run solo as we are a one car household?
Thanks in anticipation,
John

I'm toying with the idea of a new car, but don't know if I can/should afford
one. Our van is plated at 1300 kg. I'm very tempted by a Passat diesel. We
wouldn't quite make 85% but the car is rated to pull up to 1500kg. My father
has a Bora turbo diesel, which is basically a lower rated version of the
same engine and he is achieving 55mpg. He also tows a van with no problems
whatsoever.

There seems to be some really good deals on the Passat at the moment. We're
looking at the 130bhp version.

see he http://www.towsure.co.uk/tcar0501.htm

Neb