blinds and fly screens

Old January 17th 04, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen.Dobson

Default blinds and fly screens

I wish to fit roller type blinds and combined fly screens (the type fitted
to all modern vans of today), i would also like to fit a Roller type fly
screen to the entrance door. Can anybody tell me if this is possible and
where a can purchase these from ? Has any body done this before? How easy
are them to install ?

Ste 1990
Elddis Tornado XL

---

Old January 17th 04, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

Stephen.Dobson wrote:

I wish to fit roller type blinds and combined fly screens (the type
fitted to all modern vans of today), i would also like to fit a
Roller type fly screen to the entrance door. Can anybody tell me if
this is possible and where a can purchase these from ? Has any body
done this before? How easy are them to install ?

Ste 1990
Elddis Tornado XL

---

It can be done, but they really have to be the right size for the window -
both in width and height - so I doubt whether you can get 3rd party general
purpose blinds.

Were they an optional extra on your van when it was new? If so, you may be
able to get some from whoever deals with Elddis spares these days. I managed
to obtain some from Bailey (via a caravan dealer - Bailey won't supply
direct) for my van when it 7 or 8 years old. My van was factory fitted with
cassette blinds on the side windows, but not on the front - that being an
option. It was the front ones which I bought subsequently. They weren't an
exact match for the originals but they are perfectly ok.
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock