Beds

Old January 18th 04, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Pete Turier

Default Beds

Hi folks,
We've just bought our first caravan, having had a trailer
tent for the last 18 years. This afternoon, the trouble and strife
suddenly came up with: What do you use on the bottom of the bed? We've
decided to go with quilts rather than sleeping bags for the tops of
the beds, but what does one use on the base? I assume that sheets
won't fit??
All tips gratefully received!
Thanks
Pete.
Old January 18th 04, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
PacC

"Pete Turier" wrote in message
om...
Hi folks,
We've just bought our first caravan, having had a trailer
tent for the last 18 years. This afternoon, the trouble and strife
suddenly came up with: What do you use on the bottom of the bed? We've
decided to go with quilts rather than sleeping bags for the tops of
the beds, but what does one use on the base? I assume that sheets
won't fit??
All tips gratefully received!
Thanks
Pete.

We use 2 sleeping bags zipped together (or separate if you have an
argument!!)

Old January 18th 04, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
marsupilami

"Pete Turier" wrote in message
om...
Hi folks,
We've just bought our first caravan, having had a trailer
tent for the last 18 years. This afternoon, the trouble and strife
suddenly came up with: What do you use on the bottom of the bed? We've
decided to go with quilts rather than sleeping bags for the tops of
the beds, but what does one use on the base? I assume that sheets
won't fit??
All tips gratefully received!
Thanks
Pete.

We tend to use 2 quilts in winter, one on the bottom and one on the top. But
in summer we tend to throw a fleecey under blanket on the bottom, with a
duvet over us.

Old January 18th 04, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

We used to use sleeping bags but now like you use a duvet, underneath we lay
a thick blanket on the mattress and a sheet well tucked in above it. We
turn the big cushions upside down and place them to avoid bumps under our
hips.

Old January 18th 04, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:28:53 GMT, "marsupilami"
wrote:

| We tend to use 2 quilts in winter, one on the bottom and one on the top. But
| in summer we tend to throw a fleecey under blanket on the bottom, with a
| duvet over us.

For winter try two sleeping bags one inside the other.
But that was only tenting, in the van we have some heat on cold nights.
Bliss!

Dave F

Old January 18th 04, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Helen K

Two single duvets (4.5 tog) then they fold into smallish cushion covers
during theday. Of course every cushion in the van has a single duvet for a
cushion pad. It's easy then to have 9 tog or 13.5 tog if need be.

Cheers Helen K